Amazon Kindle

Edwood

Weird that nothing has shown up on the tracking for almost 8 hours - UPS is usually really good with that in my experience.

If it turns out they won't deliver today and it shows up at the local customer/distribution center, maybe you can call them to let you pick it up tomorrow? I've managed to do that once few years ago.

i have that feature turned off :)

Seems the first adjustment everyone makes.

does the experimental player only play MP3s? i haven't tried it yet.

Not sure about the fancy new models, but that was the case with older ones. Haven't tried myself, nor heard anyone review. With double the storage may be more useful for new Kindles.

Not just a Kindle thing, but I'm still hoping for syncing between ebooks and audiobooks. I've been using audible/audiobooks for a while now, but the rate at which I'm going through them has crawled ever since we moved (shorter commute). It would be nice if I could start reading a book at where I stopped listening and then start listening at where I stopped reading.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's the one I'm thinking of, my co-worker got it, and she's very happy with it. It doubles the weight of the kindle, but she treasures her kindle, so is willing to put up with that for those time she needs the light. And it's really cool, it has a locking latch/dock-y thing that holds it in place, so no more elastic bands. Seems pretty secure.