Elephas

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't know i won!

bah

can i win again?

EDIT: ah i see your reply to my post now, I guess that's what I get for getting hammered last night. my friends tried to get me to do 23 shots for 23 years, but that wasn't happening. i think i did, 9? 10? i honestly can't remember.

can i win again?

Well, since you were the next post, yes, you win.

Normally I wouldn't be in a hurry to get your mailing address. But Feb. 5 is the last business day before holidays, and I wanted to see if I could get the shop to ship out the stands tomorrow. If they don't, we'll have to wait until Feb. 12.

Well, since you were the next post, yes, you win.

Normally I wouldn't be in a hurry to get your mailing address. But Feb. 5 is the last business day before holidays, and I wanted to see if I could get the shop to ship out the stands tomorrow. If they don't, we'll have to wait until Feb. 12.

BINGO! Thanks Elephas. You officially rock. :prettyprincess:

Ha ha, ol' Dusty was quick enough on the draw and got one. I assume you want a black one.

But the black one shows dust a lot more than clear. I wish I had gotten a clear instead.

First of all, thank you. Secondly, yes. Finally, having a lot of black (including shiny black speakers, which -- you are correct -- show dust extremely well), I am familiar with -- and not averse to -- the issue of dusting.

Hehe, I'm not tempted by headphones anymore.

I'm considering the SR-007 MkII and maybe the HE Audio electrostatic in the future. But that's it, no more headphones for me.

I'm definitely getting the SR-007A and the other Stax phones I lack but after that I'm mostly done. I'll continue to search for obscure headphones few even knew existed as that is one of the only fun aspects of this hobby left. The one last thing to do is build the best amp I can to drive my collection.

Elephas are you ever going to sell ur massive collection of duplicate headphones? And I'm very curious.. how come you got two for most of them?

When you get married, insist on a prenuptial agreement.

Stipulate that your headphone budget shall be equal to your future wife's shoe budget. Whatever she spends on shoes, you get to spend on headphones or audio gear.

Are you moving on to speakers?

I do most of my listening sitting at a computer desk. The room is not suitable for speakers, but maybe small studio monitors could work.

I was looking for an integrated amp about a month ago for triple duty use with the K1000, Illusion Stax converter and small speakers. I couldn't find one I liked and gave up on the idea for now. And now I'm stuck with a pair of WE 300B tubes and no amp.

I do most of my listening sitting at a computer desk. The room is not suitable for speakers, but maybe small studio monitors could work.

I was looking for an integrated amp about a month ago for triple duty use with the K1000, Illusion Stax converter and small speakers. I couldn't find one I liked and gave up on the idea for now. And now I'm stuck with a pair of WE 300B tubes and no amp.

You can buy something like this and install a potentiometer while building it.

You can buy something like this and install a potentiometer while building it.

Oooh, yes, that seems like a good candidate.

You didn't happen to hear a pair of Avantgarde Acoustic speakers did you

I did hear a demo pair of Avantgarde speakers some time ago, but for some reason it wasn't as good as I expected. Probably due to a bad room setup.

Oooh, yes, that seems like a good candidate.

While the parts quality could be better (I'm rather picky... ;)) the transformers are some of the best you can buy. I've toyed with the idea of building one of these and add a volume control, Stax transformers and a bias supply, 4 pin dynamic output connector and swap the 6SN7 for a 7N7 by changing the socket. I'd most likely go for the VT-25 version as it sounds better then the 300b though with less power.