Holidays: My InLaw is a ***** Thread

bhjazz

I hope to never see my sister-in-law ever again. She continues to fuck up any holiday she attends. She has no common sense, says tasteless and rude things to family, and continues to think things are just fine. She is a complete bitch idiot.

If I could only :stick:

It will really shake things up, but my goal for Christmas 2008 is to have a Christmas without her. I don't think I'm alone, judging from the comments from the rest of the family.

So, anyone have a special someone who is similar?

I'm pretty lucky, and have often preferred the company of those who married my brothers to my brothers.

Awhile back, I lived with someone for nearly ten years, and his mother hated me on principle for not being Jewish and living with her son, though she admitted she preferred me living with him to marrying him. She refused to acknowledge my presence or even use my name. I was referred as "the painter" since I was painting our apartment when we first met, which was nicer than the other words she called me before. Even when I'd answer the phone, she'd always say, "And who is this?" Mind you, this went on for years. I was uninvited to most family functions, even if others invited me, and when they'd visit us in NY, she would talk as if I wasn't there and ignored anything I said, including simply asking her if she'd like something to drink. It was so nuts, it became funny. It was really hard for my ex, though, as she was really brutal with him over me.

The strange thing is that we actually liked each other, and were somewhat similar in personality. I now live a few miles from her and her husband, and since breaking up with my ex, had lunch with her a couple times. She would never acknowledge her outrageous behavior toward me, but starting trying to do nice things for me, buy me little things for my apartment when I first moved to Florida, and even invited me to their club for Thanksgiving one year (I declined). I haven't seen her now in a couple years, but have no bad feelings about her, only feel a little badly for her. Besides, she's now happy and has a nice Jewish daughter-in-law (who sadly hates her, whereas I at least liked her) and grandson. Life goes on.

Besides, she's now happy and has a nice Jewish daughter-in-law (who sadly hates her, whereas I at least liked her) and grandson. Life goes on.

Somewhat ironic no??

As far as me, I have no in laws (not yet anyways), but there are some members of my family that I would like to get thrown off of the top of Taipei 101.

Guest sacd lover

Off to the chain smoking relatives. :rant: I always smell like I have been smoked when I return. Two wont be coming this year due to smoking related deaths. :o But, the rest never learn.

Yeah, I can uderstand that, augs. No worry. I would try to do the same, but I had just seen this bitch. My apologies.

But just to :horsey:...she had a small disagreement with my two nieces who are likely the nicest most socially sweet girls you'll ever meet. For two years running now her and her dork husband have given them nothing for Christmas. She thinks she's pretty high and mighty with her education, but she missed "Real Life 101".

Such a deep topic - but, for tragic and principled reasons, I see no other members of my, nor my wife's family at Christmas, except our daughter, now 23. And, with her behavior this year, I am feeling Feliz Navidad next year will be somewhere like Cabo San Lucas or somewhere on the other side of the globe. Though both families are <10 miles away, it may as well be the other side of the world.

Merry Christmas, indeed... :kitty:

Yeah, I might do some research to see if she ever really received the degree. Masters my ass. Sure would be awesome to reveal that it never happened!

One of the patients from work years ago, a drop-dead alky (as in he's dead now), claimed to have a PhD in geology and something else from Yale AND Princeton. He'd faked documents and had actually been working for our lovely government in nuclear research for nearly 15 years and was heading some department at the time they sent him to treatment with us. Since we became overly acquainted with his lies about every other area of his life, his therapist did some research to learn he had never even received a bachelor's degree. Very smart and very scary guy.

from Yale AND Princeton. He'd faked documents and had actually been working for our lovely government in nuclear research for nearly 15 years

Background checks are quite necessary these days. It's very easy to find documents online and photoshop words or...names... of your choice anywhere. Somebody needs to shore up the other end, and I see that our fine government did NOT. haha.

In that case, I may do some sleuthing...I would really love to find something!

Anyone who throws around a title or degree, especially around family, is reeeeeaalllllly insecure. Better to focus on why she is so insecure, yes? Do you have a lot of outspoken strong personality types in the family? Was her father a domineering jerk? Sorry you got one of those in your family, we do too but I am not going to talk about it because I am trying to forget her.

Background checks are quite necessary these days. It's very easy to find documents online and photoshop words or...names... of your choice anywhere. Somebody needs to shore up the other end, and I see that our fine government did NOT. haha.

In that case, I may do some sleuthing...I would really love to find something!

All this therapist did was have him email the universities he claimed to have degrees from requesting transcripts using the therapist's email account. I guess the guy still figured he could talk his way into/out of the fact that all came back showing he didn't exist, so actually did email them.

Anyone who throws around a title or degree, especially around family, is reeeeeaalllllly insecure. Better to focus on why she is so insecure, yes? Do you have a lot of outspoken strong personality types in the family? Was her father a domineering jerk? Sorry you got one of those in your family, we do too but I am not going to talk about it because I am trying to forget her.

I enjoy being the person in my family who dropped out of college. It short circuits a lot of degree based bragging, because I have a couple of people with phds working for me.

Wow, Brian. You always seemed to be a very easy going guy, easy to get along with. Your sister-in-law must really be something to rile you up like this.

I'm fortunate that we have good people on both sides.. well, there is one slightly annoying person... my wife's oldest sister's husband thinks he's all that, but if you humor him, he's pretty harmless.

Wow, Brian. You always seemed to be a very easy going guy, easy to get along with. Your sister-in-law must really be something to rile you up like this.
She's a real winner, ah yes. I honestly shouldn't have posted this the day I did, but we had just spent the evening with the family and there she was. Maybe I should have had some extra-heavy-duty spiked eggnog to rid my brain of the pain! Truly, my life would be complete if she disappeared forever. Poof....YAY! (looking up Harry Potter's phone number now)