Team M^3 Unite!

jinp6301

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, it's pretty easy...don't even need an iron really, just pliers and your forearms.

If I built it I'd be happy to change the gain for free. PM me and I'll get you my address.

Hmm, I have both pliers AND forearms. I can probably do it myself. Thanks for the offer though! I'll get back to you when something actually breaks :)

Yea, its totally possible. Ask thrice or misterx for a timeframe. :)

But keep in mind, it sounds TOTALLY different from a GS-1

[Valley Girl]

LIKE, TOTALLY?!

[/Valley Girl]

wtf, I just listened to the m^3 with Senn 580s and WOW, its so much better then I've ever heard 580s sound :o

Plecebo. I recall you raving about the dac ah, a day before you decided it sucked and you need to sell it :) I call bs.

GOOD STUFF

[Valley Girl]

LIKE, TOTALLY?!

[/Valley Girl]

Plecebo. I recall you raving about the dac ah, a day before you decided it sucked and you need to sell it :) I call bs.

GOOD STUFF

I did not RAVE!!! I said it was a good dac, which I stand behind. Its just not the most fun dac to listen to!!! Its sounds slow compared to the entech :(

I haven't heard either amp, but it's possible that the GLite has less noise and distortion than other solid-state or tube amps. If people become accustomed to compromised music, the Gilmore might sound leaner or more sterile... just a theory :popcorn:

I've heard the other amps have better soundstage, though...

most likely, I'm deaf as a doorknob :P

Hi Jin

I don't think you're deaf... I hear pretty much the same thing you describe between my GS-1 and my 8065 M^3. One way of saying it might be that the GS-1 is brighter and has less bass than the M^3. Another way of saying it might be that the M^3 appears to have a fuller warmer sound that gives pianos, guitars, drums and voices a very realistic timbre. And still another way of saying it might be that the GS-1's sound signature is slanted toward the higher frequencies while the M^3's sound signature tilts in the other direction. And yet another way might be that the GS-1 has a cleaner, clearer, more refined "hi-fidelity" sound that some might refer to as being more analytical and not as robust by comparison.

There is however, another quality I notice in the GS-1 that I don't think I hear in the M^3. Asr called it holographic. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's being able to hear deeper into the music. I don't know. But what ever it is, I'm going to leave it to those more versed in describing such things and just agree with your basic analysis.

USG

YMMV of course.

Hi Jin

I don't think you're deaf... I hear pretty much the same thing you describe between my GS-1 and my 8065 M^3. One way of saying it might be that the GS-1 is brighter and has less bass than the M^3. Another way of saying it might be that the M^3 appears to have a fuller warmer sound that gives pianos, guitars, drums and voices a very realistic timbre. And still another way of saying it might be that the GS-1's sound signature is slanted toward the higher frequencies while the M^3's sound signature tilts in the other direction. And yet another way might be that the GS-1 has a cleaner, clearer, more refined "hi-fidelity" sound that some might refer to as being more analytical and not as robust by comparison.

There is however, another quality I notice in the GS-1 that I don't think I hear in the M^3. Asr called it holographic. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's being able to hear deeper into the music. I don't know. But what ever it is, I'm going to leave it to those more versed in describing such things and just agree with your basic analysis.

USG

YMMV of course.

yea, thats what I was trying to say :)