AKG 340

Smeggy

I think it depends on the condition and if they've been modded or not (I'd be wary of some mods folks have done themselves). Somewhere between $150 to $200 seems to be the going rate, with them running near $200 or slightly above lately. Since a recable is pretty important as well as mods, you've got to add that into the budget. My first pair was a gift, but I've picked up two others on ebay, one for $160 and a mint one with box for $225.

Mine are not bass-heavy model, btw. If you need a better deal, I can work something out but I think I paid $230 or something for them.

Hi Al,

Have you listened to my K340s? I have no idea if they are the bass- light, middle or heavy. Maybe you could tell me?

Regards,

-ken

Hi Al,

Have you listened to my K340s? I have no idea if they are the bass- light, middle or heavy. Maybe you could tell me?

Regards,

-ken

I have heard yours before, Ken, and I would say that they are not bass-heavy but I don't know how to distinguish between middle and lighter or it there really is such a distinction.

I am about to sell a nice pair for $200 or so if you are interested. Let me know.
Your mom wants hard to drive old-school AKGs? Assuming Smeggy doesn't want them, tell me what you [your mom] would pay.
$200 or so is probably fine.

Did I just jump to the front of the line? I thought I was third or something. Gah.

Man, now I'm really pissed >:(

I found this awesome deal, Stax SRD-7 MkII plus Stax SR-303 for $200 and the fucker will only accept cash and local pickup.... in Tokyo! AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH. I even offered him lots more cash if he'd post it.

Waaaaaaaaah, I want my mummy! :'(

:rant::mikey2::mikey1::stick::rock::rant:

I found this awesome deal, Stax SRD-7 MkII plus Stax SR-303 for $200 and the fucker will only accept cash and local pickup.... in Tokyo! AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH. I even offered him lots more cash if he'd post it.

Waaaaaaaaah, I want my mummy! :'(

:rant::mikey2::mikey1::stick::rock::rant:

owned

As I recall the round trip ticket price for Toronto to Tokyo is around $1000 or so, $1200 is still a pretty good price for the set. I should fly there and grab the set, then sell it at a nice profit.

$200 or so is probably fine.

Did I just jump to the front of the line? I thought I was third or something. Gah.

There was no line, I just saw Smeggy's thread and had been thinking of putting my stock pair up for sale. They have velour pads and AKG replaced the original curly cable with a new curly cable (prior owner did that for some reason). I have the old cable and the original vinyl pads if you want them. The elastics are in good shape too.

If you are not really ready to buy I will just post something up, so no worries.

• 2 weeks later...