HF-1 w/ Flats

The Monkey

They really lend a much warmer, smoother sound. Definitely sacrifices a little of the detail up top, too, but I'm generally ok with that--less fatiguing. They don't rock as hard, but they're much more comfortable and easier to use for long listening sessions. I still find congestion to be a problem with the HF-1, and the flats make that a bit more pronounced. Overall, though, the flats are a big improvement to my ears.

I guess that wasn't all I had to say about that.

Didn't really like the HF-1 with flats. Sounded too muddy and the bass was flabby. Bowls was better in the clarity/bass tightness but then the highs were too fatiguing. Guess I'm just not a Grado man =\

The vwap pads kinda fall in the middle there, more towards the side of flats though. I think I remember liking HF-1 best with vwaps. Bowls are for cereal. I'm not a Grado man either...except for the HP1000 - those are awesome, but flats only. The vintage RS1 have their moments (with flats of course), but I still far prefer the HD650.

Didn't really like the HF-1 with flats. Sounded too muddy and the bass was flabby. Bowls was better in the clarity/bass tightness but then the highs were too fatiguing. Guess I'm just not a Grado man =\

I had the same experience with the flats on the HF-1s. I did like the bowls more, but the highs did become fatiguing.

The vwap pads kinda fall in the middle there, more towards the side of flats though. I think I remember liking HF-1 best with vwaps. Bowls are for cereal. I'm not a Grado man either...except for the HP1000 - those are awesome, but flats only. The vintage RS1 have their moments (with flats of course), but I still far prefer the HD650.

I did like the HP-2s with flats of course, and the vintage RS1s did have their moments for sure :). But now I really like the HD650s more as well.

haha, your avatar on head-fi is burnt into my brain

you look like the happiest guy alive with those HP-1000s

;D

That was back when I still owned them. Wish I could've heard how they do with vinyl. Might have been an even happier person today :sadcat:

damn it. You donkey punchers are going to make me spend $40 on some pads that I don't need.

It is completely retarded that coarse foam pucks cost $40; they should come free with new Grado headphones. Compare to the beautiful soft leather L3000 ear pads that can be IMPORTED for about $80...some things really highlight some of the big discrepancies out there in quality/dollar ratio, and current Grado products are a great example of the bad kind >:D

;D

That was back when I still owned them. Wish I could've heard how they do with vinyl. Might have been an even happier person today :sadcat:

It is completely retarded that coarse foam pucks cost $40; they should come free with new Grado headphones. Compare to the beautiful soft leather L3000 ear pads that can be IMPORTED for about $80...some things really highlight some of the big discrepancies out there in quality/dollar ratio, and current Grado products are a great example of the bad kind >:D

Well in the famous words of the old chinese lady that owns the little grocery store down the corner...

"...yoo don liek, yoo don buiye!!!"

Apparently there is enough demand for $40 pieces of foam, and even if there wasn't, the margin is cleary big enough to not care whether people buy them or not.

Please keep in mind they are just not foam pucks, they are GRADO foam pucks hahahahaha

Well in the famous words of the old chinese lady that owns the little grocery store down the corner...

"...yoo don liek, yoo don buiye!!!"

Apparently there is enough demand for $40 pieces of foam, and even if there wasn't, the margin is cleary big enough to not care whether people buy them or not.

Please keep in mind they are just not foam pucks, they are GRADO foam pucks hahahahaha

You seem like nice guy, I give you best price $34.50. Be a man :prettyprincess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOUOWYmpRes

I've always thought of term "American Indian" as meaning an aboriginal, which is also implied by your reply. In this case Russell Peters parents are from India so recstar24's statement "American Indian" implies, to me at least, a US citizen who's descendants are from India.

I've always thought of term "American Indian" as meaning an aboriginal, which is also implied by your reply. In this case Russell Peters parents are from India so recstar24's statement "American Indian" implies, to me at least, a US citizen who's descendants are from India.

The official politically correct term for those individuals who are aboriginal to the area we now call America is "Native American" - you know, like chiefs and peyote and stuff. You were correct in correcting me when I said American Indian, as the 1st part "American" i thought he was from the US, but you are correct that he is from Canada so he is officially "Canadian Indian".

You were correct in correcting me when I said American Indian, as the 1st part "American" i thought he was from the US, but you are correct that he is from Canada so he is officially "Canadian Indian".

Well, I always thought of Native American to be native to America the continent (North or South), not (The United States of) America, the country. :shrug:

I know it's PC to call us native americans but most tribes still refer to themselves as indians. the tribe I belong to still call themselves the Pokagon band of Potawatomi Indians.

Thanks, that is good to know - now the question is, do Indians take offense to people using the term indian to refer to Native American?

Thanks, that is good to know - now the question is, do Indians take offense to people using the term indian to refer to Native American?

My understanding is the consensus is "AmerInd" or "American Indian" is appropriate. "Native American" and "Aboriginal American" are PC terms invented by white guilt.