The Orthodynamic Thread

spritzer

The 40 seems to go very nicely even from my Rio Karma DAP. The 30 and 50 prefer more juice, though I have used both outdoors with the Karma. One day when I have the cash I'll get a 50RP to play with. The driver looks nice from a technical and design standpoint so I don't see why it shouldn't sound good too.

What are they, $70-80? I should be able to swing that one day.

It's good to confirm the fault of the stock T40's bass roll-off is due to something other than the driver. I like the assortment of Stax parts used.:D

Yeah, not as much bass as the bigger 30 and 50 drivers but still very nice down to an audible 25 and vibrational 20. You just need a good seal with little airspace.

That stinks, how did it happen?

Me being an impatient dick :rolleyes:. Instead of gently removing the drivers carefully from their current housings I decided to just pry them out and snapped the magnets. It's right up there with turning down the Fostex baffle on a lathe... with the driver still attached. I do tend to put my stuff through the wringer.

It seems there's going to be a spurt on these, soon there will be four or five of us with them. Could be the start of something special. It'd be funny to think of all the potential sales they lost due to nothing more than shitty pads on an otherwise great headphone. Relatively speaking, cheap as shit too when you think for that money you can only get a lowly Grado SR-60 (blech!) and most other phones under $100 suck donkey balls.

They may turn out to be the killer deal of the century and possibly better than most other orthos too. It'd be nice not having to scour ebay et al and scrap it out with everyone else to get a good ortho for a decent price.