Global economics 101...Little Dot mk VI

JimP

OK I swore that I would I would not buy any more equipment, especially amps in 2008, pretty much settled on the stuff in my signature. But this new balanced Chinese tube amp has caught my eye. I doubt there's any of these in the wild, and certainly no one in the western world would have one. The question is, would it even be possible to manufacture a credible balanced, all-tube amplifier at the supposed price point of ~US$800. Let's leave out labor cost, obviously cheap in China. Just on parts/component, is it even feasible? Because all my core phones are terminated in 4-pin XLR (K1000, HD650, DT880-600ohm), I am very tempted to take a punt on this.

a-1.jpg

Just on parts/component, is it even feasible?

I'm no expert but yes based on parts cost alone it'd be feasible.

I'd also be hesitant to buy it, while it does look nice the transformers they are using to hit that price point have to be absolute garbage.

I think you should take one for the team and buy this. And then report back.

I knew someone would say that...

(but I already took one for the team with the goldenmcnuggets erh jacks, I have to take another one? this is harder than my experience joining the crips when I was in LA...or was that the bloods, I forget)

(but I already took one for the team with the goldenmcnuggets erh jacks, I have to take another one? this is harder than my experience joining the crips when I was in LA...or was that the bloods, I forget)

dew. et.

I thought you were in New York. Thats you in the black glasses, yeah?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuZHyW-iGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuZHyW-iGI

Honestly, I think i stirred up the hornets nest years ago when i reported about the ld's tube arching problem. From my single incident of shitty power tubes and a fried superfi, their whole rep got mired even up till this day. They were fast with sending me batches of new tubes to try out, and offering to replace anything damaged (ue too care of that..) and even without asking I had a bunch of tubes sent to me over fast ems airmail on two separate occastions. Out of the 4 pairs of tubes one pair did do well, but eventually died too. Thats when I started looking for the higher quality russian tubes.

Now I have not tried any of their current offerings so I cant comment about them and am not out to kiss ass or make up but Ill say that the unit i bitched about(my first amp ever before even joining hf) is still up and running with no arching or turn on thump or any problems whatsoever. The solution was purchasing a set of those nos russian power tubes at reasonable cost that are much more robust than the stock chinese ones. I've transported this thing around and it's banged up as can be yet still working great.

I'm fairly confident jimp will be satisfied based on how I was treated even in such early stages of that company's life...I think they lost money with my amp purchase in the end :P

No, not latin. Variation (dialect) of the past tense of, "to eat", as in, "I et them fritters, ma". linky -- and you criticized spelling, not sensibility. I was just saying that he we spelled words correctly, not that they made any sense.

http://www.imeem.com/noavamix/music/eOwoWosz/yello_do_it/]%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.mattscdsingles.com/acatalog/14327.jpg[/img