bush impeachment

Thelonious Monk

I've got so many things I'd like to say, but whats the point. It'll all fall on deaf ears, and the post above me probably says it best. People have already made up their minds on Bush, and hypothetically if he were to be put on any type of trial, he may as well recite the alphabet, because people have a burning hatred for him no matter what he says or what the real facts are. Republicans are the same way with Clinton.

I remember Dennis tried to impeach Bush a while ago. Claiming he lied to go to war. Thing is, Hillary is on record confirming the same info Bush based his decision on. To me, there is a difference between lying and having bad information. You really can't impeach someone just because you dont like them. That just waists alot of time and money.

Reminds me of something I saw on a bumper sticker. It said (paraphrasing) "Sorry W, I'm the decider: The Dems in 08". I'd like to tell the driver "Sorry Mr/Ms/Mrs_____, W isnt running in 08" ::)

That is as far as I got before losing interest ^-^

I've got so many things I'd like to say, but whats the point. It'll all fall on deaf ears, and the post above me probably says it best.<rest snipped>

You posted these two sentiments in two consecutive posts. In the first, you are saying that you aren't interested in "listening" (even with the smiley). In the second, you complain about people that won't listen to you. Shouldn't the listening go both ways?

<snip>

Or maybe it's symbolic of one side's hate for the other...

I don't think that it's hatred so much as each side being so sure that they are correct that they immediately discount the ideas of the other side. Bush used to be so sure that he was correct, that when people didn't agree, he would repeat it assuming that they didn't understand. They understood, just didn't agree. Both sides have this problem big time.

I can't believe the american public voted him in twice

oh right,

american democracy is a facade

seriously, isnt it?

Is Obama really special? or another side to the same coin?

Do the american people actually have a say?

He only got in twice because he is a 'wartime' president. That and he was running against John Kerry. Anyone else and he would have been out, easy. John Kerry is truly something special.

Oh and America isnt really a democracy, its a republic.

I can't believe the american public voted him in twice

Remember the same people that voted him in the second time are the same people who buy SUV's and then complain about GAS prices, or the same people who Eat fast food then complain about getting fat...

It does not take a honest and trustful person to be President just someone who can market themselves to the general public of this Great land. hey nobody is perfect...

I am up to my balls in books.

I just checked my dictionary and it said the same thing.

My dictionary may very well predate the Constitution, though, the binding corroded to the point that it is now a three volume set.

It doesn't help that my Government teacher was retarded...

edit: I phrased what I said ("Is it possible for a country to...") wrong, but either way it was just nitpicking. I meant to say that a form of government can be democratic (people have sovereignty) but that a country is either a representative democracy or direct democracy etc.

your dictionary is apparently retarded. in a democracy, the citizenry either directly control legislative action, or directly elect representatives who then enact legislation according to the will of the people (usually through polling the constituency). the US was specifically set up to not be a democracy, in order to prevent mob rule. there are democratic elements to the US government, but that's all.

Don't blame the dictionary when the reader picks the definition he wants to apply to the situation, rather than reading the entire definition.

The problem with US politics is the utter lack of good choices. It's been quite awhile since the best and brightest of the US have had any interest in being politicians and it's starting to show.
x2. I mean, yeah, Obama is different from McCain, but they're both rich enough in money and poor enough in morals to run, which rules them both out as choices for me.

I wish we could find a way to resurrect Einstein and put him in a place of power. I'd be behind that benign dictatorship in a heartbeat.

I wish we could find a way to resurrect Einstein and put him in a place of power. I'd be behind that benign dictatorship in a heartbeat.

Vote Cthulhu for president! I mean, how can you argue with a policy like this?

Q)How will Cthulhu deal with a strongly bipartisan Congress? How does Cthulhu plan to deal with the budget deficit? Has Cthulhu yet chosen a running mate? If so, who is it, and from whence did it come? Given that the candidate is now dead and dreaming in the Pacific, what measures will be taken to speed its awakening should it be elected president?

A) Cthulhu will have no problem dealing with Congress, as they will be the first to be eaten. The budget deficit will shrink drastically once Cthulhu cuts unnecessary spendings like Defense, Welfare and Social Security. Mass support of Cthulhu will raise the its awareness of the need to take control of our suffering country, and should lead to its return. The Great Cthulhu will awaken in time to take its presidential oath.

That's a pretty depressing attitude...
I forget who said it, but the paraphrase goes something like this, "Anyone who desires to run for public office should be prevented from doing so." -- Douglas Adams, I think? Or maybe it's the reverse -- I'm not finding it right now. It was about the time that Zaphod Beeblebrox explained why he had two heads, I think. Not the Young Zaphod Plays It Safe story, though.

Or, I could be completely wrong, and made it up myself. Though I doubt it -- I'm sure I'm not the first person to have had the sentiment.

Mark Twain, perhaps...

<snip>

Or, I could be completely wrong, and made it up myself. Though I doubt it -- I'm sure I'm not the first person to have had the sentiment.

Mark Twain, perhaps...

Mark Twain had a healthy dislike of politicians. What he said was "American has no criminal class excepting, of course, Congress!" Some things never change. :sadcat: