The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

I got the LX5 yesterday and it is really nice for a P&S, very fast. However, I am concerned with the LCD screen right now. The colors seem to be very inaccurate (much brighter) on the screen... much brighter than in the jpg and in real life. For example, yesterday I took this picture.

IFHpT.jpg

[The beer is a lot more "red" than I remember it being in real life but that could have been my fault.]

Here is what is looks like through the ZS3 LCD (taken on D90):

without flash

f27ud.jpg

with flash

JN0JW.jpg

Here is what is looks like through the LX5 LCD (taken on D90):

without flash

xigcn.jpg

with flash

DvJhd.jpg

I am wondering if this is just because the LCD is really bright or if my camera is defective (and I should send it back). Haven't really seen many people complaining about this.

Edited by shellylh

Jeff: I think I had the camera on all auto/factory settings, hence the high iso. I haven't had much time to play around with it yet.

I'll have to find out if I can change the brightness of the screen, I think it is supposed to auto adjust, don't know about manual adjustments. I was just looking at comments on the LX3 and there seem to be some complaints about the screen brightness.

Canon's got few lenses in their refurb store section. Of course, more exciting lenses (24-105, 70-200 2.8 IS II) are already gone. I'm little sad that I missed out on 24-105, which was being sold for $540.

I was going to buy the refurb Canon 50 mm f/1.4 at $311.99. However, after tax and standard shipping, it came out to be $356.68, which is actually higher than a brand new one from Amazon for $342 total shipped!

For the NYC photographers, it appears there will be a massive group of photographers getting together in Central Park this weekend organized by some pro photog to go check out the best photo places in the Park.

Fall Foilage Shoot in Central Park - "The New York City Digital Photography Meetup Group" (New York, NY) - Meetup

Well my first foray into the off-brand lenses has been disappointing. The Sigma 85 f/1.4 has pretty terrible focusing issues. I can almost make it presentable on the 7D/5D MkII with MA but since I should not have to adjust that much and the 5Dc does not have MA, it is going back to B&H today.