The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Spent some time down near Wall Street with the 7D this afternoon. I still have a lot to figure out with this thing as it has one billion options but it seems to be a worthy step up from the 50D. I think it will end up being set aside for sports shooting as I really prefer the 5Ds for daily carry.

Wall.jpg

Wall2.jpg

sss.jpg

Longtime Head-Casers may remember me posting this shot in the Slow Forum ages ago.

Top_of_WTC_.jpg

The image is mislabeled, as it's taken from the top of the Empire State Building, not the WTC.

This is a great making-of video about the shot:

Three comments,

1- This is an amazing pic. What a difference 10 yrs make in the meaning of your explanation.

2-If the Chilean miners were in the pic, they will still be about a 100 ft above these guys!

3-These guys have balls of steel, they are probably debating what's the appropriate light bulb.... :D

Went to the Hoboken Arts and Music Festival today for some lunch and snapped some pics of the Guitar Bar All-Stars playing. Not a real band but they were not bad.

8.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

They even had a Giant playing Saxophone

16.jpg

and senior citizen groupies.

11.jpg

Looks like you had a great time, and where's the pic of the kid's mom?

Also, you've got spots on your lens or filter (see second and fifth photo).

I didn't think to take a pic of the mom, just the cute kid. In retrospect I should have taken a pic of both of them. ;) Already knew about the spots, been meaning to do a wet cleaning of that lens for a while but have never gotten around to it.

I have been battling very soft pics with the 24-70 on the 7D. Great on everything else but nothing sharp with this lens on the 7D. I know I have to use the micro adjustments but for the time being it has forced me to dust off the 70-200 to stick on the 7D. The funny thing is the 70-200 is an easier daily carry than the 24-70.

Of course the flower pics.

F5-1.jpg

F6-1.jpg

And a couple boring City pics.

sail.jpg

NYC.jpg

Argh, I really need to go out and take some pics, especially since the weather's cooperating this weekend for a change.

I looked up the dimension on 24-70 since I've never handled one before and the lens weighs more than gripped 50D. Of course, 85LII, the lens I'd love to try someday, weighs even more.