The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

A bargain, to be sure. I owned a Rollei TLR for a short while. It was a mid-1950s Rolleicord (the "cheap" line) and it was in dire need of CLA-ing (Cleaning, Lubricating, Adjustment). I traded it for an Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 Mk I. The original model that has a metal lens mount and a distance window. It looks nearly identical to the 35mm F/2.

I do have vague plans in the future to get another TLR. One that actually works. As sexy as Rolleis are, I will probably get a Seagull or maybe one of those 1970s Mamiyas with swappable glass(!) Don't hold yr breath on any of that.

This is what has been eating my life for the last year:

5200700736_38efb51539_b.jpg

The "MV house" I'm calling it. It's built on the location where my grandparent's retirement cottage sat for 52 years.

5196606984_22f726f357_b.jpg

It's a one story house, but the attic has enough room for second floor.

5200142455_b38f648d55_b.jpg

My grandfather's work shop "the Doghouse" which has survived the surrounding chaos. This shot doesn't really show much of the new house, but I was having fun goofing around with infrared (what else is new?)

It is the best of the Zoos I have been to so far.

I am really liking Smugmug so far. I have set up a pro account and bought a domain name to match to make it look more official. I don't intend to sell any but I really just wanted to go through the process of setting it up.

I set up Vinylspinner Photography

Some more from the Zoo.

1109292075_7jQJt-L.jpg

1109333763_EeNv6-L.jpg

1109370048_GTRos-L.jpg

1109345289_tESd7-L.jpg