Custom IEM's

laxx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me like Project.

EDIT: Also, Nate, you're getting hiss regardless of source? I ask because isn't the Touch a bit hissy to begin with?

I'm going to try running it off the Hertsens tonight since I'm sure the Touch isn't the quietest thing out there. To be fair to The Project the hiss is so low that I have to plug/unplug the headphones to tell that it's there and I'm probably significantly more picky about noise floor than most.

PS: I do get hiss on Livewires with a 5.5G iPOd video or 1G Touch headphone out, but not with LOD and Pico.
Considering the prototype nature of The Project it's performance is pretty stellar. I'm sure once it has a proper PCB, power supplies and so on it'll be every bit as good as the Pico from a technical standpoint.

If this is what you were talking about before with that special secret well-known technology, The Project should be awesome.
The Project is awesome. The degree to which you can vary the volume while maintaining perfect channel matching is insane.

255 steps right?! :) Madness.
I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement so all I can say is that I do not perceive any steps when I adjust the volume.

Have you tried them with the Pico?

Nope, and I won't have a chance to do so either. No one local to me has one to borrow and I don't have ~$500 kicking around to pick one up used. My time with the Livewires is going to be short since in addition to the hiss issues the right ear piece doesn't fit quite right and causes pain after 1/2hr or more.

I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement so all I can say is that I do not perceive any steps when I adjust the volume.

Nope, and I won't have a chance to do so either. No one local to me has one to borrow and I don't have ~$500 kicking around to pick one up used. My time with the Livewires is going to be short since in addition to the hiss issues the right ear piece doesn't fit quite right and causes pain after 1/2hr or more.

Too bad about the earpiece not fitting. I looked at customs but I'm going to stick with my new ER4P (with adapter so they are ER4S), they whoop the hello out of my SE530s I just sent in for cable repair. By the way a resistor in the circuit (however it's done) will adjust the response of the headphones because of the impedance vs frequency variations of the phones and the ratio with the constant resistors. For example the ER4 adapter (just 75ohm resistors) bumps the bass 3db, which appears to mean that the impedance of the drivers drops slightly down low (thought I didn't do the math).

Well Kudos Nate for ponying up the cash to try 'em out.

That's the beauty of the livewires, 30day money back so all I'll really be out is the cost of the impressions ($20) and the shipping. Definitely worth it as a proof-of-concept experiment and as soon as the refund is processed I'll be ordering a set of the Hearyourself C2's. They're a lot less sensitive than the LW's which should help with the hiss issues.

I used to be all about IEM's but my situation changed. I had the TF10 at the office with me, and putting them in, taking them out 10+ times a day began taking a toll, and I was getting sharp pains in my ear. Now its ESW9's 630-530 and W10VTG/Speakers from 7 on ;)

My lust died for customs, but sure can't beat the isolation IEM's gave me.

That's the beauty of the livewires, 30day money back so all I'll really be out is the cost of the impressions ($20) and the shipping. Definitely worth it as a proof-of-concept experiment and as soon as the refund is processed I'll be ordering a set of the Hearyourself C2's. They're a lot less sensitive than the LW's which should help with the hiss issues.

Interesting. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these. Also, it appears that they are all acrylic. Are any of the custom mfrs. doing softer materials?

the Sensaphonics are supposed to be softer

And twice as expensive if memory serves me correctly. Not that price is the only motivating factor, but the left earpiece of my Livewires (the one that fits correctly) can be worn comfortably for hours. I mowed the lawn with them on last weekend and they were more plenty comfortable.

I've had the C3s for 2 weeks now. The rt iem has a slight fit issue.

Andre does have good customer service. He spent a long time on the phone to ascertain the fit issue and is refunding the shipping for me to send them in.

The sq is much more to the SE530 side than triple -fi.

If you like the 530 there is a chance you will like the C2 or C3.

There is more bass than I need in the C3 and the C2 might be the better choice. A bit of eq takes care of that.

No hiss issues straght from an Itouch or 160gb classic. No issues with a move or Ibasso D3.

I got the C3s with live search , disc. of 109

Total, 256.00.

I will also use these when I play noisy gigs so they are a good solution for musicians.

These isolate about as well as my SE530s but not as well as my Ety4s

I listened to my UE-10 for the first time in a while on the plane yesterday. The iPhone is a giant pain in the ass. But once I got all plugged in, I liked what I heard. The UE-10 isn't convenient, but it sure is good. But I miss a portable amp.
PM me your address Vincent, I've got a little something for you. Or, I'll just bring it to NYC with me and give it to you there. :)

It's interesting that they want customs in return. What's the benefit to them? Free peaks at competitive products?

Didn't Sennheiser do the same with their rebate? I am venturing a guess that they are just trying to get the attention of the market. It could also possibly lead people to post comparisons to their previous product in the future and elevate the product's status (IE. FOTMFOTMFOTM).

• 5 months later...