ATH-AD1000PRM, ATH-ESW10JPN

Fungi

uh....you did read where I said they share the same sound signature.

Hope you like them, but if you don't, hang onto them, and sell them in a year or so. You shouldn't lose money. I'm still enjoying mine, but I'm also enjoying the 9s again. The 10s are a better headphone, but with that perceived sense of heightened clarity, they are more fatiguing as well. This shouldn't be a problem unless you're obsessively listening for hours on end. :)

WHAT YOU DID?! :palm:;D

Actually ESW9 handled some stuff very very well. It was the balance or gap between what it could handle and couldn't that was a disorienting. So I bought in hope that the esw10 be better on that regard.

However, yeah, I mostly wanted one before not-buyer's remorse sets in. :)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got notice that the cheap JP retailer got them back in stock and shipped it to my special place.

I'm debating whether or not I want to keep it mint and sell it later or use it. Does it really show its limitations vs full size headphones of similar price (+-$100) or can it hold its own? I know slwiser thinks they are good enough, don't think I caught anyone else say anything about that.

I got notice that the cheap JP retailer got them back in stock and shipped it to my special place.

I'm debating whether or not I want to keep it mint and sell it later or use it. Does it really show its limitations vs full size headphones of similar price (+-$100) or can it hold its own? I know slwiser thinks they are good enough, don't think I caught anyone else say anything about that.

In my experience it cant touch HD650s (only full size can in my possession currently) in terms of long-term comfort or soundstage, being closed and supra-aural. Everything else is at least as good though. I do wish the cord was about two feet longer.

I used to have D2000s. These spank them. Hard.

• 2 weeks later...
In my experience it cant touch HD650s (only full size can in my possession currently) in terms of long-term comfort or soundstage, being closed and supra-aural. Everything else is at least as good though. I do wish the cord was about two feet longer.

I used to have D2000s. These spank them. Hard.

I owned them too, couldn't agree with you more. And I use them unamped compared to D2000 (Pico). But while I was waiting to get them it became clear that they need to go.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a lame attempt at a (not) funny, no need to rub it in. :'(

Back on track, what are you ESW10 owners using to transport them without damaging the cups? Included pouch, HPP5, or what?

I use the HPP5 with my ESW9 but I don't think it'll be as good for the fatter (I believe) ESW10.