ATH-AD1000PRM, ATH-ESW10JPN

Fungi

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I'm in the same position.. after hearing them out of the Duet and iPhone, I don't think there's a place in my stable for the E4c, ES7 and MS2i..

Thinking about getting an amp now.. recommendations? Solo SRG? Yammy? ;D

If you're thinking about getting rid of the MS2i's shoot me a PM, I may be interested.

Ahh, ok. Obviously, meet conditions are bad for discerning the quality of high end headphones, but I did hear some things I liked over the ESW9. I dont think I can get past the price at this point. I'll have to see if I can borrow them for a while before I can even think of purchasing them.

But right now, I'm pretty satisfied with the ESW9s. They're kickass without being too expensive

Ahh, ok. Obviously, meet conditions are bad for discerning the quality of high end headphones, but I did hear some things I liked over the ESW9. I dont think I can get past the price at this point. I'll have to see if I can borrow them for a while before I can even think of purchasing them.

But right now, I'm pretty satisfied with the ESW9s. They're kickass without being too expensive

Just be patient. Sooner or later Mike will buy and then sell a pair. :P

When I was deciding whether to keep the 9s or the 10s, it wasn't as easy a decision as I thought it might be. The 10s are technically the "better" headphone, but my version of the 9s (again, I've heard another with a different sound) had a wonderful, slightly gentler sq, which I really enjoyed. I already own headphones that offer me that (Senns, R10s), so I chose the 10s, but I could have been happy with the 9s without a doubt.

I compared my esw9 and aaron's (immtbiker) esw10 at the nyc meet and I wasnt TOO impressed with the esw10. Yea, it was better, but not by much.

When I first got them at the office, I felt more or less the same way comparing them to my ES7s out of the iPhone. Once I got them home and plugged them into the Duet.. whoah.. :eek:

Granted, I've never tried the 9s, but I suspect the 10s scale well with good sources and amplification. Now I can't stop listening to them and can't wait to hear them out of a good dedicated amp.

For me, the ESW10 is more impressive if you're in a quiet environment, listening for a while. Like most good headphones, there's subtlety there.

Yeah, paired with a Pico, this might be the ultimate transportable office rig ;D