Bryston BDA-1 DAC

Hopstretch

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just added a 4th one to my list that I want to hear: DAD AX24

I found a price list: http://www.transaudiogroup.com/uploads/images/products/DAD/DAD_US090107_Pricelist.pdf

Telarc just replaced all their Meitner gear with DAD and raved heavily about the improvement. Even selected them using a blind A/B.

384/24 vinyl drops :) DXD or DSD too.

Hopefully they're better at getting product to their customers than Pyramix/Merging.

Telarc International Adds Digital Audio Denmark's AX24 Converter to Its Recording Arsenal :: :: Musicians, Engineers and Producers Recording with the Mac

Ever critical, Bishop repeated the blind A/B test when he returned to Telarc's home studios in Cleveland. Three producers and four engineers evaluated the DAD AX24 and all seven independently selected it as the best converter from among Telarc's cream-of-the-crop converters. "Ten sets of ears, five of which have earned Grammys and the remaining five of which have Grammys in their futures, all independently selected the DAD AX24 as the absolute state-of-the-art," Bishop summarized. "The AX24 is a truly exceptional piece of electronics."

Although the new converter won't see its first "front line" action until later in September for a Live In-Session recording of Puccini's La Boh

I'm going to start a new thread about building a music server and AD/DA setup. Curious about thoughts from the more computer savvy types here...

Al you might be interested in this device: http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=154980

Records straight to DSD. I guess the thread starter is pretty happy with his and has made a lot of high res needle drops with it.

edit: sorry not sure why it won't let me directly link to the SH thread...says internal link and points back to Head-Case :confused:

Edited by deepak

Well, no, you don't have to convert it to PCM, but what you do have to do, if you want to hear it in native DSD, is play it back on the Korg itself, but that's about it.

It's a good solution if you want to do nothing but record and playback, and nothing else.

I sure hope you can offload the files, somehow, though.

You could say that about absolutely anything under the sun and it'd still be true.

Sad. True, but sad. :(

Is the link on Hoffman about the Korg MR-1000 or the MR-1? The MR-1000 has intrigued me for a year or so, and Sennheiser/Kimber had a couple of them at CanJam that they were using as sources. Is it really problematic from a format standpoint if it was simply used for A/D of high-rez needledrops?

Well if you want AX24 goodness. I just got a quote for a DAC only with the highest end cards in it for $5990. Figure another 2k or so for 2 channels of DSD/DXD/384/192/etc... AD.

Damn you Telarc... that review makes this look pretty attractive considering the "savings" compared to the Lavry Gold or even the Weiss.