Speaker Amp recommendation

DigiPete

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both of these are still available, unless Hop picked up the 3 channel amp.

AudiogoN ForSale: Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono

AudiogoN ForSale: Odyssey Stratos Ht3 Cap/Face Upgrades

I'm leaning towards the Dual Mono. It would be about another $100 to change the blue faceplate to black or silver. I have no use for the 3rd channel in the HT3 but it would give me the option of picking up a stratos and having them converted for monoblock use.

I still would have my eye on picking up a Belles 150A Reference or a McCormack DNA .1 with mods but these are both pricier.

Any thoughts?

i believe that, if you buy a new monoblock from Odyssey, they'll convert an existing Stratos to mono. if that's something you're interested in, i'd get the cheapest used Stratos (with the current boards and transformer) possible.

That's what I was thinking. The HT3 seems to be about $100 more than a used Stratos and the guy may be willing to deal since it's been listed for 32 days. It also appears to have some decent upgrades and it 3 years old. I probably should contact Klaus to try to find out how up to date it is with the idea of buying one new from him. I also may see if he has any deals available on a pair of monos directly from him.

We're due for 6 to 12" of the stuff tomorrow night on top of the 3" we got yesterday not to mention the lingering ice and resultant damage. Cue Mike asking when I'm moving to Florida...

I can probably keep you busy doing inspections of buildings in my cases. We retain engineers all the time.;)

I just got off the phone with Klaus at Odyssey. What a nice guy. Probably spent about 45 minutes with me. He has a new line coming out and gives 100% credit on upgrades. He has a pair of Odyssey Statos Mono Extremes with some additional upgrades coming in as a trade which, assuming all goes well at the end of the year, will be mine. I'm sending a small deposit in the next week or so. I will wait to see if these amps are any good but I can say that Klaus was a pleasure to deal with.

i guess the phone is the way to reach him, as i've never gotten a response to emails.

He told me he is having trouble with his email and has for a while. I've read that phone is the best way to get him. I sent an email on Sunday and never got a reply. I called him tonight, no answer, received a call back within 20 minutes.

Oh no, I've started another trend! :P

I hope it's turns out to be a good trend.

I can just imagine you two getting together ^-^

/ducks shovel

I don't know why not. He called me a fucktard once and I probably deseved it. Otherwise, we get along just fine.

i think we'll be just find. we just won't talk politics until we both have a couple good belts of whisky behind us :)

I'm trying to stay away from heated political discussion. :) I will definitely drink the whiskey though.