Speaker Amp recommendation

DigiPete

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the amp and pre. Now you have me interested. I may try one out while I wait for a McCormack DNA .1 Rev A or B shows up on Audiogon. I checked out their website and I didn't see the Candela. I did find it here: Odyssey Audio Hong Kong - Candela Tube Hybrid Preamp

Thanks, now my transformation to analog is complete.....

try this: www.odysseyaudiousa.com (this is the beta site, that will be the official site once fully updated)

I wanted a DNA-225 but the price was just too high. After hearing what a separate amp did for my system, I was hooked. But I needed a real pre, other wise I still would have to go through the Denon receiver (A/D, processing, and then D/A) so when Klause talked about the Candela, and gave me a good deal, I caved and got it.

Thanks, now my transformation to analog is complete.....

try this: www.odysseyaudiousa.com (this is the beta site, that will be the official site once fully updated)

I wanted a DNA-225 but the price was just too high. After hearing what a separate amp did for my system, I was hooked. But I needed a real pre, other wise I still would have to go through the Denon receiver (A/D, processing, and then D/A) so when Klause talked about the Candela, and gave me a good deal, I caved and got it.

Thanks. I'm also looking at the Belles 150A Reference as a possibility.

Thanks. I'm also looking at the Belles 150A Reference as a possibility.

I am thinking of picking up belles to head to head with the dna, makes me wish I was not such a gear whore as my finances are temporarily in the shitter

Not a fan of the D-class stuff I have heard to far but I am limited in my exposure, just the RWA stuff and some of the NuForce amps. Nice and warm but gives up detail and soundstage. Not ready for prime time yet but they seem to be getting closer with each revision. In no way were they bad just not as good as the better tube or mosfet/jfet/transistor designs I have heard.

I am thinking of picking up belles to head to head with the dna, makes me wish I was not such a gear whore as my finances are temporarily in the shitter

Not a fan of the D-class stuff I have heard to far but I am limited in my exposure, just the RWA stuff and some of the NuForce amps. Nice and warm but gives up detail and soundstage. Not ready for prime time yet but they seem to be getting closer with each revision. In no way were they bad just not as good as the better tube or mosfet/jfet/transistor designs I have heard.

The Cary sounds nothing like the RWA stuff. The NuForce with ice modules may be similar. The Cary sounds nice but there is a slight hum that I can't get rid of no matter what I do. I tried a cheater and nothing so it's going back to Oz. I'm pretty intrigued by the Odyssey amps.

Mike, you do know that Justin is now accepting deposit for a new batch of BHSE, right? >:D

that's just mean, Salty, kicking a guy like that.

Hmmmm...

/me contemplates not shipping the beta until 1/1/09 :indra:

I need a good kick every now and again. I can't think of better people to be doing the kicking.

Nate, I will hunt you down like a dog.:)

You'd best bring your flashlight if recent history is any indicator. :)

I'll let the flash of my Glock lead the way.

You should feel proud, the beta is the only headphone related gear that will survive the purge.

If you don't get it out by then, no problem. It was purchased in '08. It's going to be my temporary speaker amp since I packed up the Hibachis and I hope to never see them again.

I'll let the flash of my Glock lead the way.

You should feel proud, the beta is the only headphone related gear that will survive the purge.

If you don't get it out by then, no problem. It was purchased in '08. It's going to be my temporary speaker amp since I packed up the Hibachis and I hope to never see them again.

Did I miss something? By "Hibachis" do you mean the Tube Audio Design guy?

I did a search but couldn't find anything you posted. Why you no like?

Did I miss something? By "Hibachis" do you mean the Tube Audio Design guy?

I did a search but couldn't find anything you posted. Why you no like?

Yup, TAD. I like the sound but this is the third time I'm sending them back. Paul will fix them but I think I am moving on. I'm going to sell and have Paul ship them for me. He's going to give the buyer a 60 day warranty.