Blind testing with speakers (general public)

deepak

Yeah, that's the price with the stands. I thought it was a pretty good deal based on what I was seeing on the 'gon, but it's always good to have a sanity check from someone else.

What are you doing posting here then while you could be buying the speakers? ;)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Maggies are planar, but not electrostatic, but in a how fucking small is this world moment, he tells me he has them (and other speakers) stored at his furniture store that's literally right around the corner from me. If only I had something I could transport them in tonight I'd already be on my way over there.

Hahah, I'd just as soon carry them home if the area wasn't what it was, but I've got a stationwagon I can use if I get all the work supplies and such cleaned out of the back, and I found out the guy has a pickup truck himself, but I'm going to go by in the afternoon sometime this week so that there's a little more time to check things out and demo them.

I just can't get over the fact that I drive by that place all the time without knowing there was something like this sitting there right under my nose.

He decided to stay late to listen to them (he uses the store as his listening room, and has a bunch of speakers stored there he can swap in and out, lucky bastard), so long story short I bought me some new speakers. I can definitely vouch for how good they sound, and if the MMGs sound even half as good as these then they'd definitely be very much worth it. For a comparison more people here will be able to follow, they kind of remind me a bit of a more forgiving version of the K1000, with less treble and more bass. It's been too long since I've listened to any planar headphones to compare to them, unfortunately.

He decided to stay late to listen to them (he uses the store as his listening room, and has a bunch of speakers stored there he can swap in and out, lucky bastard), so long story short I bought me some new speakers. I can definitely vouch for how good they sound, and if the MMGs sound even half as good as these then they'd definitely be very much worth it. For a comparison more people here will be able to follow, they kind of remind me a bit of a more forgiving version of the K1000, with less treble and more bass. It's been too long since I've listened to any planar headphones to compare to them, unfortunately.

Mod the MMG into a new "cabinet", dew eeettt!

One question, has anybody ever stacked MMG's? They are a line source so it should give you moar bass and a custom frame which is wider should help even more due to the larger baffle.

You'll be swapping Spritzer telling you to recable a headphone for Spritzer telling you to re-chassis a speaker.

There is good reason for why the Maggies need some work done. I mean, who uses aluminum wires in speakers or indeed anything? :palm: I don't think that they are even allowed for use in in-wall power wiring here.