What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s893871.jpg

The Afrika Korps - Music to Kill By (1977)

Old school DC punk band that paved way for DIY hardcore punk, interesting from historic point of view. Long out of print LP released on CD with a ton of bonus tracks. Sounds like punk should: gritty, nasty, low-fi and with a sense of humor, but with a strange psych vibe. If you like early punk like Ramones and The Dictators try these guys.

Demians - Building an Empire

51qk41ISE3L._SS500_.jpg

Thanks for the indirect recommendation on this -- I looked it up (it's Steve Wilson-approved) and listened to samples, and it def. sounds interesting.

Me: The Lord of the Rings - The Complete Recordings -- roughly 10 disks of epic work soundtrack music

Thanks for the indirect recommendation on this -- I looked it up (it's Steve Wilson-approved) and listened to samples, and it def. sounds interesting.

Me: The Lord of the Rings - The Complete Recordings -- roughly 10 disks of epic work soundtrack music

Heh funnily enough, earlier today I was so close to clicking the buy button on amazon for all three LotR Complete Edition soundtracks. $190 was a bit much though :(

190? I get 155...

CDs -- especially ones that cost more than US$10-20 -- are almost invariably less expensive from an amazon marketplace merchant.

That said, I think I paid a little more than that, looks like they recently came back into print or something. (Sometimes if something sells slowly, they'll let it sell out and see if there is a clamor for more, before they print more...)

Yeah, it's the entire soundtrack, and I believe the DVD's have surround tracks, though I haven't listened to them yet.