What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XTC_Mummer.jpg

As is my want when I get into a band, when I liked a few XTC tracks I heard, I went and bought their whole catalogue (the japanese mini lp jobbies even!). (btw i am one of these wackos who refuses to own any sort of "greatest hits" compilation...) This was probably in 2002 or so. For some reason, this album never grabbed me until this the very end of last year. Not sure why I kept trying but I'm glad I did!

burssels.jpg

From the Mick Taylor era, when they were at the height of their powers and touring for nearly a year. Fantastic soundboard quality and about 3x better than any "official" live release....check out Taylor's Hendrixian leads on the 6 minute expanded version of Gimme Shelter. The extended blues jam on Midnight Rambler is another highlight. But its all good and essential for the Stones fan.

Impressions?

Very good. I stumbed across them when I was doing my monthly downloads from Emusic. The lead sing, Edera, has a fantastic voice...very sensual. I don't know if I would classify them as metal....but more hard rock or maybe pop metal. Think of Nightwish with a little less polish...

Very good. I stumbed across them when I was doing my monthly downloads from Emusic. The lead sing, Edera, has a fantastic voice...very sensual. I don't know if I would classify them as metal....but more hard rock or maybe pop metal. Think of Nightwish with a little less polish...

Thanks, I found a sample that I'll give a spin shortly.