What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins -- Rabbit Fur Coat

Vinyl. Well worth it. Much better sound than the CD.

Definitely true on that one! It really does sound nice on vinyl. The Raconteur and White Stipes (albeit the Hoffman version) are two other recent releases that sound much improved on the vinyl.

Are these from the Big Bags of Vinyl? :P

It's pretty close, but just sounds a little more "natural" straight from the record. Who knows why -- his system setup, my system setup, his A/D, my D/A? Lot of points in the chain. I guess the next step would be to make my own drop of it and then compare the digital files. I'm probably more lazy than I am geeky, though. :)

Real nice to listen to either way!

Bell_Chris_-_I_Am_The_Cosmos.jpg

Chris Bell - I Am The Cosmos (recorded late 70s, released 1992)

I see Stretch is already on this. Good on 'im. For the rest of ye:

Chris Bell is the other half of Big Star. If you like power pop with a healthy dollop of melancholy, you should probably have this. If you like Big Star, you should definitely have this. If you have a particular affinity for Bell's material in Big Star (and I do), you should be committed if you don't have this. Woke up 30 minutes ago (played a show last night...) and am currently enjoying this delightful album whilst lounging in a bed that's not mine after eating a delicious breakfast which was left on the counter for me by a Canon-shooting girl who has ran off to play with my Nikon outside... rough times.

On another note, I've just learned there's a "Deluxe Edition" of this. Fuck. Will be ordering once financially recovered from last batch order.

edit: just got this text: "I think you have officially converted me to Nikon". Excellent. Excellent!! *wrings hands a la Mr. Burns*

Cut your hair and get married already, dammit. :mad:
Why, not looking forward to living vicariously through any more posts of this particular nature?
Speaking of power pop, did you get the Best of Matthew Sweet that I had up?
No! I've had barely 15 minutes in front of my desktop Big Rig over the last two weeks! Need to finish ripping The Beatles in Mono sometime this weekend however, so if you could pop it back in there that'd redefine "swell"...

Chris Bell - I Am The Cosmos (recorded late 70s, released 1992)

I see Stretch is already on this. Good on 'im. For the rest of ye:

Chris Bell is the other half of Big Star. If you like power pop with a healthy dollop of melancholy, you should probably have this. If you like Big Star, you should definitely have this. If you have a particular affinity for Bell's material in Big Star (and I do), you should be committed if you don't have this. Woke up 30 minutes ago (played a show last night...) and am currently enjoying this delightful album whilst lounging in a bed that's not mine after eating a delicious breakfast which was left on the counter for me by a Canon-shooting girl who has ran off to play with my Nikon outside... rough times.

On another note, I've just learned there's a "Deluxe Edition" of this. Fuck. Will be ordering once financially recovered from last batch order.

edit: just got this text: "I think you have officially converted me to Nikon". Excellent. Excellent!! *wrings hands a la Mr. Burns*

I'm a big Big Star fan but I'm not really a big fan of this one. I got it when I was in my Big Star phase and I dont think it holds up compared to #1/Radio City or Third/Sister Lovers.

BTW I have the deluxe edition of this ;)

I'm a big Big Star fan but I'm not really a big fan of this one. I got it when I was in my Big Star phase and I dont think it holds up compared to #1/Radio City or Third/Sister Lovers.

BTW I have the deluxe edition of this ;)

I certainly don't find it as good as #1/Radio City -- indeed it's hard for anything in the general genre to hold up to those two... but it does scratch a particular itch. Might I impose upon you to share the Deluxe thingie? I don't have Sister Lovers either, that'd be amazing............................