HD800 and Ultrasone ED8 to be at CanFEST 2009/Charlotte, NC 2/21/09

DannyB

It's unfortunate that some members consider my posts spam as suggested above. I am simply trying to bring to people's attention a rare event; Joe Grado attending a headphone meet in addition to the meet itself.

Try to realize the number of hours I put into organizing this effort with a few sacrifices along the way. And guess how much money I will be making?

ZERO-it goes to the Carolina Audio Society to help continue promoting audio to members of the community. And that's assuming we make a profit. If we don't I have personally guaranteed to underwrite any costs not covered by donations; yes, there is no charge for attendees or exhibitors just voluntary donations.

So, why do you think I am such a terrible person when all I am trying to accomplish is to help people be aware of a fun event with no reward for me other than the satisfaction that I have provided a service for fellow audiophiles just like so many others have done such as those who make this website possible.

OK, I feel better now. Thanks. Maybe spammy isn't such a bad name to be called: it even rhymes with Danny. Danny Spammy. Sounds almost like a James Bond rival. OK, maybe not but I have so few dreams left available to me. My wife sucked all the rest out of me. Maybe "suck" is not the best choice of words.

Yes, Joe will be there to do a presentation, a Q & A session and mingle with attendees for the afternoon.

Joe has spent the last 3 years perfecting what he feels will revolutionize the recording industry. Several very well known world class recording engineers have used his new and unique microphone and given it great praise. He will have it there for all to see.

Most of you are aware Joe is known to revolutionize the world of audio with such concepts as a dedicated headphone amp, a unique series of headphone including the HP1000 series, a novel phono cartridge, and some original ideas for turntable design which he incorporated in his turntable. This is just touching the surface. Joe strongly feels that the next major advance in audio is on the recording side which Harry Pearson also stated in the most recent edition of TAS.

Whether or not these things happen will remain to be seen. Is Joe still a pioneer, even at the age of 85? Time will tell. Regardless, he will speak a little bit about sound, and recording and his mic. However, given that this is a headphone based gathering, he will also talk about headphones and answer any questions attendees may have. In addition, he is planning to bring his prototype for the HP1 and a few other goodies including recordings made and played back on his Nagra using his new microphone, his personal HP1 and his Grace M902 headphone amp. So, attendees can decide for themselves if the recordings are THAT much better.

I give credit to DannyB for his effort at publicizing the meet at least, haven't seen anyone been this proactive before. ;) Apparently he finally submitted the news to Stereophile recently too since it's listed in their regular feature for events in the Feb '09 issue. He could've submitted earlier (like a couple months ago), since just over a month out isn't really that much advance notice for non-regional people who might want to attend.