Transferring Music from Mac OS External Drive to NTFS Formatted Drive

I have a good client/friend that has cancer. He is having major surgery in about 2 weeks. I've been telling him to get a drive for me to transfer a bunch of music for him to use on his ipod and at home. I have an external in my office which I reformatted by accident. I have a 1 tb drive at home that is Mac OS formatted. I would like to be able to transfer about 400 gb of music from this drive to his new 1 tb Seagate Freeagent (not Mac OS). He uses a pc. Is there anyway for me to do this?

Mike,

I'm sure there's a way. The simplest path to me would seem to be to reformat the office drive (presumably currently not in use) as a FAT32 volume that could easily be seen by the MAC. You could then transfer the files to that external drive (if it's big enough) and simply give the drive to your friend or use it to transfer files to his drive.

His new drive is a 1 TB Freeagent (windows version). If I reformat the office drive to FAT32 and then transfer the music from my Mac drive to it, I will then be able to connect the FAT32 drive to a windows machine and transfer to his 1 TB drive? I wanted to make sure I understood. Thanks.

It gets installed on your Mac. It basically allows you to write on NTFS partitions/drives directly from OS X.

When I tried to do that I get this message:

You cannot install NTFS-3G 2009.2.1 Update 1 [stable build] on this volume. MacFUSE is not installed. Please download and install it from macfuse - Google Code before attempting to install NTFS-3G.

When I tried to do that I get this message:

You cannot install NTFS-3G 2009.2.1 Update 1 [stable build] on this volume. MacFUSE is not installed. Please download and install it from macfuse - Google Code before attempting to install NTFS-3G.

Oh right, MacFUSE. Install that first and NTFS driver should install just fine.