What music phase are you in now?

diebenkorn

Currently on a "shuffle" phase or, the "finding a new phase" phase. This will go on for 1-3 weeks.

PS. There's a great podcast called Dave's Lounge that features down-tempo, chill, ambient and electronica music. I have frequently turned to that podcast for new music in those areas.

thrice: I'm going to have to check that out myself.

I think you'll like it. The guy who runs the podcast, Dave, likes Artemis, Lori Carson, Natalie Walker...etc. That's what initially drew me to the show. I revisit it every few months. Good stuff and free! At least the podcast.

Currently on a "shuffle" phase or, the "finding a new phase" phase. This will go on for 1-3 weeks.

PS. There's a great podcast called Dave's Lounge that features down-tempo, chill, ambient and electronica music. I have frequently turned to that podcast for new music in those areas.

x2

I'll have to check it out as well. I havent really been into music phase since I got over the new AC.

I'm in a "snatch some suggestions from the What are you listening? thread" phase to see if I can discover some great recent artists. I've been listening to Neko Case which seems to be a favorite here, unfortunately it's not exactly my kind of stuff.

I have been in this mode myself. Found some great stuff lately.

Thanks for this. Just downloaded his first 5 episodes in mp3.

112CBR but oh well.

Omnivorous. Widening horizons as far as I read about performers I didn't know, or hear something appealing. If into anything reminiscing of a phase, perhaps I'm into a female singers one which includes even opera, but this is lasting several years, so probably more than a phase it's a personal bias.

Not really into the indie bands,

More into middle of the road kinda stuff, such as Hybrid / Future sound of London / Pink Floyd / The Orb / Above & Beyond / some break beats / some drum & base / Classical Rachmaninov / Debussy / Sebalious / Chris Fortier / Nick Warren / Way Out West .......ect....and always on the lookout for something fresh and new

:):rolleyes:

I remain pretty open to all music. For some reason I really hadn't listened to much jazz but have corrected that oversight this past year.

Hello,

Jazz.........some trad and some modern, and hav'nt spent the time yet to search for more of this style of music and shall look foward to this when other priorities have been addressed.

All good things come to those who wait they say ''and have personally found this to be true''

It's a healthy attitude you have......I find that finding a good piece of music is like finding a jewel that is priceless....precious moments in life are these............:rolleyes::)

Upped the amount of chinese music recently, mainly on artists focusing/based in Taiwan. Straying away from the Japanese due to even dryer than normal releases =/. Albums just started rolling out for Chinese stuff around the end of 08, and have been til now. It was dead for many months before that.

While checking out Dresden Dolls from Grawk's post in the Listening To thread (thanks Grawk) I have discovered a genre I somehow did not previously know existed, even though I am already a fan of artists like Tori Amos and Goldfrapp and had also recently discovered (and loving) Rasputina.

The genre is Dark Cabaret and here is a here.

I have been listening to the afore mentioned Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer and Rasputina as well as Jill Tracy.

Great stuff.