What shows do you follow?

falkon

I've been fairly impressed with this season's offerings thus far. Especially with the huge improvement in writing quality and originality this season. I guess the writers strike was good for letting some ideas flow and simmer.

Here are the shows I currently follow, in order of preference.

Battlestar Galactica

Bones

House

BBC's Top Gear (hiatus)

30 Rock

Californication (hiatus)

Eureka (hiatus)

No Reservations

Scrubs (hiatus)

Leverage (hiatus)

Chuck

Life

Top Chef (hiatus)

The Big Bang Theory

Pushing Daisies (canceled)

Weeds (hiatus)

Lie to Me

The Simpsons

Burn Notice

Heroes (now that Bryan Fuller is back. Jeph Loeb needs to get the f out of anything having to do with writing, including comics.)

My Name Is Earl

The Middleman (canceled)

Way too much to list.

Starting from monday...

Chuck

Heroes

House

Prison Break

Weeds

Scrubs

Nip/Tuck

Lost

Greys Anatomy

Bones

BSG

Psych

Numb3rs

Dollhouse

Desperate Housewives

The Unit

Dexter

Entourage

True Blood

Castle (soon)

I watched Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, and a few others that got cancelled recently. =[

Was following Terminator Chronicles & True Blood for a while, but got lost.

Will be getting TrueBlood on BluRay when it comes out in ...March? May? I forget...

May try to catch up with Terminator Chronicles on Hulu.

Been more or less keeping up with Dollhouse on Hulu.

Catching up with BSG on DVD (On Season 4).

Oh, and I spend a lot of time watching my cat watching me.

May try to catch up with Terminator Chronicles on Hulu.

My advice is not to bother. It was never terribly well written imo, so if you're watching for the story, just let it go. If you actually just enjoy the action and sfx, then go for it.

edit: Well, maybe it's not badly written. The characters are just not compelling to me, but maybe I can't relate to a middle aged man protecting his son from the apocalypse.

Haha, I meant woman. But honestly, none of the characters are developed at all (when I stopped watching). Well, maybe except John. They had no compelling backstory.

I stopped watching after that ep when the terminator chased John to the docks and they jumped off. So yeah, it's been a while.

Sarah Connor Chronicles is, imho, well written, with well thought out and developed characters. Except that part about the middle aged man protecting his kid :palm::asshat:

I watch way too much tv lately, it's a good year for tv.

Terminator, Dollhouse, Lost, My Name is Earl, Fringe, Bones, House, and when it was on True Blood and Dexter.

yeah.. like i said, maybe it's not the writing. I don't know, something about that show just doesn't draw me in. I can't be the only one though. No news about renewing for a new season and viewership has dropped to 3.5 million from 18 million during the premier and 6 million early in the season.

It also seems to me that there's no 30 rock following at all here.

edit: ouch. didn't know it had been moved to the Friday night death slot. At least the rest of the eps are supposed to be good.

http://io9.com/5162419/after-a-slow-patch-sarah-connors-coming-back-full-throttle

It also seems to me that there's no 30 rock following at all here.

i've watched a few 30 rock and i like it quite a bit, but i never watched it from the beginning, which is why i haven't really followed it religiously. plus, like i said earlier, no time to.

The only shows I watch are Lost, House and a show in french called Les Invincibles. I had been following Heroes until recently, but the plot has lost all its coherence and the acting is downright poor so I've stopped watching it.

Haha, I meant woman. But honestly, none of the characters are developed at all (when I stopped watching). Well, maybe except John. They had no compelling backstory.

I stopped watching after that ep when the terminator chased John to the docks and they jumped off. So yeah, it's been a while.

I like the show, but it's far from perfect. I think it's well written for what it is (a large portion of it is a mom/son coming-of-age drama), but I wish they hadn't softened Sarah. Of course, that would be a completely different show -- it'd be more like boot camp all the time.

I also really dig Summer Glau, and Lena Headey is a complete MILF (you have to realize that my taste in women in real life comprises middle-aged women, for the most part. Well, and hermaphrodites.). And having Shirley Manson in the show doesn't hurt.

How do you guys like true blood? It sound intriguing.

Is it more of a fun show or is drama? Or is it something in the middle?

I love TrueBlood, but I already liked the books, so "got it" from the get-go. It's kind of both -- there's definitely fun stuff going on, and they have some very light moments, but then there's all the drama between Sookie and Bill. It's also a nicely ensemblematic (?), which I always enjoy (like Deadwood and Sports Night).

I'm weird too.

I had to give it up like Crack or Booze.

I watch movies and the occasional sporting event.

That's it. I go for walks, listen to music, or spend some time with the kids instead.

I just figure when I'm on my death bed I really doubt I will say "Damn I wish I would have watched more TV".

My wife, on the other hand, watches a crapload of TV. Every reality show known to man and a bunch of other shows like Monk and The View.

She actually made the argument that getting DVR (Tivo) would actually help her watch less TV.

Needless to say it hasn't worked out that way.

HBO needs to put something fucking good out. Bloody slackers.

Flight of the Conchords, duh. It has been killer this season.

A couple of the better songs this year. Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor and Sugarlumps. The rest of the show is even better but these had me falling out of my chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EN8dpAvBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtbQaJzZh1k