Sheet-Fed Scanners

I want to go as paperless as possible at home. Receipts, manuals, invoices--physically storing all that crap is making me nuts. I use sheet fed scanners at work all the time and I love them. But the industrial-strength versions of these things are too expensive.

So, based on some initial research, I have identified the following two products:

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Scanners | Sheetfed Office Scanners : FUJITSU United States

The Neat Company - NeatDesk for Mac

Your job is to help me decide on one of the above, or find another competent machine (not a lackey).

EDIT: Oh, and it ideally should be Mac-compatible.

Go! :)

Edited by The Monkey
to add more stuff.

so, this is probably a stupid idea.....

But, what about a tripod and a camera? ... I can think of a number of arrangements that might work to set it up, but some target that you place the document, something to hold the camera, and a little remote control for the camera are the basic ingredients. ... then you don't have to connect to a computer and "acquire" and all that, just put the item down, turn on the camera and since it's already pointed at the right location, just press the button on the remote.... once you run out of room on the memory card, just copy it to your computer.

If you're looking to scan individual receipts, the Neat products are good. Most sheet feeders can't handle them. If you're looking to scan manuals and books, it's worth considering a book scanner like the OpticBook 3600. I really liked mine, but then the lamp died and it's absolutely impossible to get replacement lamps from PlusTek. Not sure about home sheetfeeders, though I've heard the lowest end HP device is not worth the money.