Apple Tablet

I dont know if its the same with the itouch and the iphone but when you restart (full shutdown) your itouch after its been jailbroken, you have to have a computer to boot it up

also, no warranty if you brick it while jailbroken and can't take advantage of apple updates right away

I dont know if its the same with the itouch and the iphone but when you restart (full shutdown) your itouch after its been jailbroken, you have to have a computer to boot it up

also, no warranty if you brick it while jailbroken and can't take advantage of apple updates right away

Not with the iPhone. That is not to say there aren't glitches every so often but nothing that is a big deal. If your iPhone has been upgraded to the latest software then jail breaking is not an option at this time. Once your warranty is up there are no issues. Jail breaking is completely reversible with a restore.

Being able to run apps in the background is a big deal for me. I would love that option with the iPad.

Wait, Mike, i thought your iPad was jailbroken?

Just my iPhone. There is no jailbreak for the iPad yet. Dinny, the only way to tether with the iPad is for the iPad to think the other device is a wifi connection. With my MacBook I can do a USB tether or Bluetooth tether.

Edited by tyrion

Not with the iPhone. That is not to say there aren't glitches every so often but nothing that is a big deal. If your iPhone has been upgraded to the latest software then jail breaking is not an option at this time. Once your warranty is up there are no issues. Jail breaking is completely reversible with a restore.

Being able to run apps in the background is a big deal for me. I would love that option with the iPad.

wait, so jailbreaking the iphone doesnt require a tethered start up? It doesnt require you to run blackra1n everytime you start up?