rpaul

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Less than $2K. But don't let the high price ceiling fool you; I'd still like to hit a nice cost-to-performance ratio.

As a consideration, I currently have the HR Balanced Desktop amp and don't like it. I use it in single-ended mode only, and in that configuration the sound is flat, with little seperation of instruments and insufficient detail.

1. Google Stax O2 and Stax SRM-717.

2. Singlepower may burn your house down and good luck finding one.

3. Learn to use the edit function.

My gut feeling is to look into other phones for the money. D7000 isn't going to become different enough in a nice price range like that to give you a great cost to benefit ratio IMO.

Why the need for the price range if you are just going to tell me to sell them? Strange.

Because you just made clear that you have the resources to do better on the criteria you set out -- if you care to -- than you are ever going to do with the Denons, which are not particularly good headphones to begin with.

Stax SR-007 - Wikiphonia

Stax SRM-717 - Wikiphonia

Otherwise, you don't really have many more places to go with the D7000s. If DIY is out, then that rules out an AMB Beta 22, which would probably be the standard recommendation. On the tube side, you could try the Eddie Current Zana Deux.

Yeah, figured the SP suggestion was a friendly FU to the new guy. No problems.

I don't think he would have recommended it if he didn't think you probably knew better (ok, maybe he would). Don't be too upset (don't really think you are, but...), its still a better suggestion then most would have gotten on head-fi by far. Audio-gd this, Meier that. :palm:

I currently have a EHHA amp built by dBel, and I love it. But I worry that if something ever went wrong with it I'd have no clue how to fix it, and would have to go back to Donald with hat in hand.

Maybe I should just be happy with what I have, but I'd like to know that I am getting the most out of the Denons. I actually think they a nice sounding headphones. Not near as good as my HP1s, but damn comfortable and better than average sounding.

I'm considereing the ZD. That amp is highly regarded, and should sound good with my HP1s and the D7000s.