Audeze LCD-2

Smeggy

I doubt they have finalized the LCD-2 yet but it's common courtesy to at least respond...

All your gear makes me jealous, I really want Maggies or some Quad ESLs.:P I'm only referring to my still growing collection of rare vintage 'stat headphones and a couple of orthos. Just bought a pair of AKG K1000 which is the first dynamic headphone I have purchased in around 2 years, and will see how it compares to my planar headphones.

K1000's are cool, but drive me nuts making the adjustements for each recording.

Try the Maggie 1.6's, they are relatively cheap (even if used), and get you close to the truth. You will need power for them, and not some bullshit highly rated amp, rather something capable of handling high current and variations in impedence, say a second hand Bryston 3B ST. If you can't swing it, I have an old Perreaux 1150b at home I could loan you, providing we can develop decent trust.

Forgive my mood tonight, we just arrived in Dubai, and I found out I am not going to be able see my dad after having a mild stroke due to work shit. I am upset, liquored up, and not myself. He isn't paralyzed, but he can't remember conversations from day to day. This is a man with a law degree and two PhD's. I think we all live in awe of our fathers, and it is hard watching him devolve and lose his dignity. To delete the previous paragraph or not - I think not, Head Case allows for freedom of expression much better than any other site promoting similar interests, and I have made good friends through these forums. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Be well - Bob

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I am going in Dubai next next Saturday for 20 hrs (Layover).

Sorry to hear about your father.

Depending on our schedule, we may still be here. Email at censored from teh spambots. I am leaving maybe the next day. Perhaps we could meet up. I am at Jebel Ali, but could get to town, and perhaps get a room at the JW Marriott to de-stress a little. It would be cool to actually meet in person, and you and I have swapped some cool messages.

Bob

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Depending on our schedule, we may still be here. Email at censored from teh spambots. I am leaving maybe the next day. Perhaps we could meet up. I am at Jebel Ali, but could get to town, and perhaps get a room at the JW Marriott to de-stress a little. It would be cool to actually meet in person, and you and I have swapped some cool messages.

Bob

Awesome yeah I'll shoot out an email tomorrow morning. I suggest censoring your email to avoid spam web crawlers from harvesting it ;p Too fried to look up flight details but basically I think arrive early morning Saturday and am around all day and then fly out late at night.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

K1000's are cool, but drive me nuts making the adjustements for each recording.

Try the Maggie 1.6's, they are relatively cheap (even if used), and get you close to the truth. You will need power for them, and not some bullshit highly rated amp, rather something capable of handling high current and variations in impedence, say a second hand Bryston 3B ST. If you can't swing it, I have an old Perreaux 1150b at home I could loan you, providing we can develop decent trust.

Forgive my mood tonight, we just arrived in Dubai, and I found out I am not going to be able see my dad after having a mild stroke due to work shit. I am upset, liquored up, and not myself. He isn't paralyzed, but he can't remember conversations from day to day. This is a man with a law degree and two PhD's. I think we all live in awe of our fathers, and it is hard watching him devolve and lose his dignity. To delete the previous paragraph or not - I think not, Head Case allows for freedom of expression much better than any other site promoting similar interests, and I have made good friends through these forums. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Be well - Bob

Thanks for the recommendations and the kind offer; it will be awhile until I can afford 1.6s and a matching amp. Sorry to hear about your father, I hope you get to see him soon. Head Case is indeed a great place for anything from light-hearted banter to deep emotional support, which I haven't seen anywhere else.

Thanks for the recommendations and the kind offer; it will be awhile until I can afford 1.6s and a matching amp. Sorry to hear about your father, I hope you get to see him soon. Head Case is indeed a great place for anything from light-hearted banter to deep emotional support, which I haven't seen anywhere else.

Thanks it is encouraging to hear from others!

Very sorry to hear about your father. I hope he experiences some brief reprieve, and I hope you're around to enjoy it.

On a sidenote, I'd love to hear your impressions of Dubai. I was there for a week or two 2 years ago, and took a real shine to it, but that's when it was on top of the world.

Very sorry to hear about your father. I hope he experiences some brief reprieve, and I hope you're around to enjoy it.

On a sidenote, I'd love to hear your impressions of Dubai. I was there for a week or two 2 years ago, and took a real shine to it, but that's when it was on top of the world.

Thanks for the kind comments. I come to Dubai at least every 4 to 6 months, and the city skyline is always changing. The economy is in decline, so it may slow down. Very cool, wierd, and touristy. I am too busy working on a short trip to enjoy it this time.

This may be a double post, the internet connection on the boat crapped out right after I submitted my reply.

Bob