The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

OK. Good clarification. I didn't think the Omega 2 had bigger soundstage than SR-X Pro. The latter to me seemed very decent compared to SR-003, for example... but I am too used to IEMs to assess about full size headphones soundstage. Maybe one day I'll be ready for an O2 rig. :D

The treble on the 4070 is very good and certainly on par with the SR-X Pro. The 4070 is a closed headphone so you loose a bit of sparkle due to that but they are never harsh. Ruthlessly revealing, yes, but never harsh.

The Jade reminded me of the 4070. Clear-sounding and neutral. A bit cold and lacking some refinement compared to the O2.

Didn't the Jade remind you of the 4070?

Didn't the Jade remind you of the 4070?

No, not really. Sure both are forward but the 4070 is far more reserved and without all the sonic artifacts that the Jade has. The bass on the 4070 lacks bloom but it very detailed and tuneful which can't be said about the Jade. The upper midrange is more open on the Jade but that's just due to the closed nature of the 4070.

Hey guys, big news! I just found out the KSC75 sounds the same as Stax, at a fraction of a fraction of the price! :palm:

What's with troy, the troll?

Wud, I thought it sounded more like the Senn HD600.

In any case you should mod it for best effects.

I saw the auction a couple of days ago, but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, I put a bid just for kicks. :cool:

How much was it? I can't find the auction.