The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Holy brightness, Batman! Two layers of felt was just too much for the ET1000 and made it almost ridiculously inefficient and didn't really sound better so I had to take the second layer out and tried to compensate with a reflex dot. Yeah, I think I made it a bit too big. I also blutak'd the insides and the outsides. Everything is now properly smurf'd.

I have Alex's O2 mk1, my 4070 and Omega with me for the weekend. I've been doing some switching between the 3 headphones on different tracks. I'm not volume matching but they all appear close in terms of volume. I think I have to with Al's ranking (Al, I think this is how you ranked them).

Omega

4070 (very close second)

O2 mk1

I wish I could put into words the reasons. I just find the first two more enjoyable. The first two seem faster with better dynamics. That's the best I can come up with beyond just liking the Omega and 4070 better. Sorry Jp, the 4070 is staying. However, if you want me to send them up to you to try out, no problem.

:) I think it's more of a running gag at this point. As in I hope no one takes the bait.

I also hope to get some good feedback about the ET1000 tomorrow since I'm still not 100% satisfied with the sound but don't really know what it is that's wrong or what I can do to fix it. Maybe I'm just going crazy trying to find something else to mod.

Wait what? O2MkI pads are a lot cheaper? Do they approach $45/pr? But yeah, Mk2 pads ftw, I'd get a pair or three to put on my headphones if I had the funds.

You can't buy MK1 pads anymore but they were about 6000 JPY, MK2 pads are 8800 JPY

Where are you guys getting the mk2 pads? Audiocubes? Kuboten?

I got mine from Kuboten.

One of the headphones I'm planning on bringing to CJ is a fully decked out/modded ESP10 to show that Americans do or did know how to make non-shitty 'stats, but they require pads since the original oil-filled pads are not so oil-filled anymore. Since I'm a cheap bastard if I can get ahold of a pair of O2 clone pads for $45 from India I'll go with that, but failing that I'll def contact Craig, thanks.

Justin, better yet since I have a spare set of new MKI pads, I can hook you up with the set thats on my O2 right now for 45 shipped. Its still in almost brand new condition(full, not compressed w/no deep wrinkles or anything). Been meaning to try some MK2 pads so maybe that will push me to do so.