The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

The seller says that it works fine, but has the Stax fart. He checked with Stax about the farting, and Stax said that it's not a problem.

Ahhh epic failure on the part of online translators. The SR-Omega shouldn't fart though, at least nothing compared to the SR-007 :confused:

Ahhh epic failure on the part of online translators. The SR-Omega shouldn't fart though, at least nothing compared to the SR-007 :confused:

Do they ever fart? Since the seller contacted Stax about the farting, I don't think he's tried the SR-007. :P

From Stax's reply to the seller, it sounds like some SR-Omegas fart more than others.

Do they ever fart? Since the seller contacted Stax about the farting, I don't think he's tried the SR-007. :P

From Stax's reply to the seller, it sounds like some SR-Omegas fart more than others.

There is zero noise in normal operation on my two sets but if you force the diaphragms they will squeal. The basic design of the SR-Ω isn't as airtight as the SR-007 (air can escape under the pads for instance) so squealing might be an indication of something bad or just normal. I don't really need a third set... :rolleyes:

Stop tempting me 8) I really need to listen to Omega and Omega 2 one of these days, but I am afraid I will want to buy one if I do.

BUY A SR-007!!!!! You really like the LNS and the SR-007 is an even better version of that same sound signature.

so, who is going to let me borrow a STAX rig? i've never heard one :(

Epic fail!!!! I have some amps that you could borrow but all of my spare phones are spoken for.

Is the crinkle the fart? Because I hear the crinkle

When I had the Lambda Signature, it was definitely a crinkle and not a fart. On the OII, it's really a fart sound. Not the kind of deep fart that you produce after eating a big meal at a fast-food lebanese restaurant, more like a small fart you wish nobody has heard. :P