404LE vs ESP950 - which is better?

forbigger

Anybody has any experience before? I currently hook 950 from KGSS. My fellow hobbyist from where I live was raving about 404LE and said its a better headphone than 950 and I should get it to complement the 950. FWIR also 404LE got a gleaming review almost everywhere. But no one is yet to comment VS 950.

As usual, any comments or advise will be appreciated

Has anyone who bought LEs from Elusive Disc actually received them? They showed back ordered for a while, but the in-stock date has now come and gone without any shipping confirmation.

I got mine from them, as did Mike. Maybe you could call them to ask what their stock situation is.

Even if that is true, and it seems likely that it is, I still get to hear some of the potential of the 950 w/out shelling out another $1000 on an amp. It's a nice solution in the interim. BTW, it does sound better out of my EHHA, as opposed to the MPX3... less coloration, but adequate bass impact. The sound is similar to HE5, but not quite as detailed.