i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

I will be ordering a Khozmo attenuator. Any more issues with reliability?

I received my Khozmo attenuator last week. It's the smd version, and it operates much smoother than I had anticipated or the Dact I previously owned. I measured all 48 steps with no surprises.

FYI: It took exactly three weeks between the time I paid for the device and when it showed up in my mailbox.

I did get an email from them within 24 hours when asking for information yesterday.

They look very nice and I did not mean to imply anything.

The only thing I know about them is what people have commented here and somewhere else. There are a couple of comments in this thread too.

what email address did you use?

I'm using the 50K. There isn't a ton of gain for those who listen loud but I listen more on the quiet side. No issues so far.

What do you mean? Attenuator impedance is irrelevant to gain, it is simply a voltage divider.

I found Khozmo to be a little slow replying to emails but everything was taken care of eventually.

I received my Khozmo attenuator last week. It's the smd version, and it operates much smoother than I had anticipated or the Dact I previously owned. I measured all 48 steps with no surprises.

FYI: It took exactly three weeks between the time I paid for the device and when it showed up in my mailbox.

is this with wire leads or PCB pins?

The product photography on Khozmo’s website is misleading and should be updated to current production versions, actual finishing is not as nice as depicted.

The 3 Khozmo SMD’s versions I ordered came with wire leads, I was able to order the leads at any custom length.

I measured the resistances for all three units, overall the result was satisfactory, not great matching, nevertheless nothing exceeding out of whack either.

In the past I’ve also used a Khozmo ladder type, the SMD version has a much better mechanical feel.

The product photography on Khozmo’s website is misleading and should be updated to current production versions, actual finishing is not as nice as depicted.

The 3 Khozmo SMD’s versions I ordered came with wire leads, I was able to order the leads at any custom length.

I measured the resistances for all three units, overall the result was satisfactory, not great matching, nevertheless nothing exceeding out of whack either.

In the past I’ve also used a Khozmo ladder type, the SMD version has a much better mechanical feel.

matching can seem poor until you figure out what the difference is in dB

Anyone ever have the lt021-10 voltage reference die? Had a problem with my PS recently where the plus side was only putting out about 40 volts. Of course it was the last thing I checked but when I swapped the references between positive and negative the problem followed

• 2 weeks later...