Benchmark -- Masters From Their Day

The Monkey

OMG, that was awesome. I mean, they totally glorified the whole recording process, but still very enjoyable. (I just don't know how to get across just how repetitive recording can be. That's why I believe a musician has to really enjoy one's own music, since they (/we) have to hear it so many times.)

Also: great song. I wish they would sing in harmony more often, that was neck-hair-raisingly beautiful. But really, the whole song is just great.

Thanks for checking out our videos!

I noticed that most people here commented on the 'Annie and the Beekeepers' video. In case you didn't see the first episode, it is here:

Masters From Their Day | Episode 1 - Rubblebucket | KAS Music Studios | Alex Lipsen

You can sign up to be notified of future episodes on these pages.

Also, if you like the series and would like to see it continue, please consider spreading the word via email, Facebook, Twitter, forums, etc.

Thanks so much!

-Elias

• 5 weeks later...

Elias, I'm wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to offer two versions of the video. One would be just the song itself, edited from the longer, more in-depth video. Then I think the longer video could focus even more on the process, including such things as what the hell are all those buttons and levers that you guys are pushing and pulling? :) I think the current videos strike an excellent balance, but I find myself often wanting to see more on the technical side. At the same time, I often return just for the song portion of the video. Or maybe if it ain't broke...

More importantly, when is #3 coming out? Are you getting enough support to keep the project going? I sure hope so.

The short answer is...great idea, we've thought about that, but we really like the current format. We may just release some videos explaining the process of recording, miking, mixing, etc.

The long answer...will have to wait. I've got one foot out the door, as I plan to drive to Nova Scotia tonight!! :)

#3 is coming out first week of October. So far, everyone is still supportive and willing to keep this going, but the viewership dropped off significantly from #1 to #2. If they see too much of that, it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug. [fingers crossed]

Thanks for your support, y'all!!!

-e

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Knuckledragger,

The website was down for a brief moment while some repairs were being made. Sorry about that...

The website is back up now (Masters From Their Day | Home)

The videos can be seen in HD on that website, but I'll post them here even though I can only post normal rez on this site. Here are the videos:

Enjoy!!

Thanks,

Elias

• 1 month later...
Elias, good luck picking apart the voodoo science of three channel amps :) Grounding is a massively hard to understand art, so *obviously* the thing to do is add a third channel.

oddly (or maybe not so oddly), my mini3, M3 and B22 are all active-ground amps and all have a similar "house sound". i think Ti presents some compelling arguments and await to read the white papers.

oddly (or maybe not so oddly), my mini3, M3 and B22 are all active-ground amps and all have a similar "house sound". i think Ti presents some compelling arguments and await to read the white papers.

Just to be clear, I haven't disputed his proprietary grounding scheme because I haven't read anything about them.

The only disagreements that we have so far are based on the fundamental aspects of 'balanced headphone topology'.

Best,

Elias