Rudistor new portable amp and IEM

forbigger

"Due to designer decision the XJ03 ( as well as all the new portable products ) is available only in electric blu anodized aluminum body, with engraved graphics and silver color panels." Can anyone explain why? Why it has to be blue? Same goes to the IEM.......

And Sovkiller is no longer with them.....interesting

Single color is cheaper, simple as that. Personally I'd be more worried about the crap inside rather then the appearance.

Ohh and it isn't sovkiller here, it's sovshiller. One of the biggest fucknuts around and the reason why we have a limited edit window...

Nah, that's just the desktop rig but I somehow floated by the whole "amp wars" without too much trouble. I guess I was too focused on buying all those electrostatics to notice the shit storm going on...

Pretty much every thread where somebody opens up a RSA, Single Power or Rudistor amp is both funny and sad at the same time...

The Rudistor portable looks to be several years behind current portable amp SOA. It has the features and kind of looks like my HeadAmp AE-2.

The real amusing part of this page is that at the top, Rudistor makes this statement in an attempt to differentiate this amp from other portables:

"Although it shows a traditional external design under his solid magnesium body it hide ..."

while down below in the proviso stating that blue is the only available customer:

"Due to designer decision the XJ03 ( as well as all the new portable products ) is available only in electric blu anodized aluminum body, with engraved graphics and silver color panels."

What happened to the magnesium body? :P

Laf portable state of the art doesn't constantly advance really. Most releases are a rehash or a step back. Would be cool to have a cmoy thread that documents what all is a cmoy out there with internal pics. Sad thing is as expensive as this thing is I don't think it can hold a candle to all/red wine audio for most expensive cmoy

^ god are there some fucking douches in that thread... HF is :palm: anymore. And I can hardly understand what Sovshiller writes.

I almost said that the reason commercial amps are more popular is because DIY amp designers can't afford to pay shills to sway the masses...... but it just isn't worth it.

Wasn't there a blind cable test where someone took radioshack rca cable and dressed it up/retermintated it to look like an audiophile job, then when tested some folks actually preferred it over the real audiophile cable? Don't remember the exact test done, but I remember something to that effect

Wasn't there a blind cable test where someone took radioshack rca cable and dressed it up/retermintated it to look like an audiophile job, then when tested some folks actually preferred it over the real audiophile cable? Don't remember the exact test done, but I remember something to that effect

This was a blind test using 3 cables, 1 from ratshak, and if I remember correctly one made of copper and another made of silver. They were all covered in a convering that wouldn't allow the person to identify the cable and using the exact same rca connector on all cables. each pair was marked with a triangle, square or circle and the person reviewing would write his opinions refering to these markings, and only a few people knew which was which. In the end few people prefered the ratchack cable I remember!