ChiLiquiFi

Aura

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a good way to get to Monee from O'Hare using public transportation, or is a car better? And where are the more "dangerous" areas around Chicago that should be avoided either by car or on foot?

Midway is closer, and a car is probably necessary from either.

Random street crime is a bit of an American media myth; you are unlikely to run into anything.

Chicago crime data (formerly chicagocrime.org) | EveryBlock Chicago

Is there a good way to get to Monee from O'Hare using public transportation, or is a car better? And where are the more "dangerous" areas around Chicago that should be avoided either by car or on foot?

We do have a Metra train station within 10 minutes of us and we'd be happy to pick you up and drop you off. How to get to that station (University Park) from Midway or O'Hare I'm not sure of. But it looks like you can take the CTA Orange Line into the city and then catch Metra from there:

First Itinerary - MIDWAY CTA to UNIVERSITY PARK METRA

Take CTA ORANGE LINE TRAIN (ORANGE LINE - CLOCKWISE)

Depart

at 05:00 PM:

MIDWAY CTA

Arrive

at 05:20 PM:

ROOSEVELT CTA

Take CTA RED LINE TRAIN (RED LINE - NORTHBOUND)

Depart

at 05:25 PM:

ROOSEVELT CTA

Arrive

at 05:30 PM:

STATE/LAKE CTA (BRN/GRN/ORN/PNK/PRP/RED)

Walk 0.3 mile SE to RANDOLPH ST METRA

Take METRA ELECTRIC LINE

Depart

at 06:08 PM:

RANDOLPH ST METRA

Arrive

at 07:08 PM:

UNIVERSITY PARK METRA

Regular Cash Fare:

Cash:

$ 7.75

*Find out how to reduce this fare

Reduced Cash Fare:

Cash:

$ 3.60

*Find out if you are eligible to register

The RTA Trip Planner is here: Plan Your Trip - Regional Transportation Authority

Wow! This is turning into quite a gathering! Would love to see you again, Reks!

Not sure what time the festivities begin, but if the out of towners are arriving on a Saturday at Midway airport (closer to both me and to Monee) , I can drive 3, maybe 4 to Monee. I live in the near west suburbs, so I'm not too far from the bus line, either, esp on a Saturday.

Wow! This is turning into quite a gathering! Would love to see you again, Reks!

Not sure what time the festivities begin, but if the out of towners are arriving on a Saturday at Midway airport (closer to both me and to Monee) , I can drive 3, maybe 4 to Monee. I live in the near west suburbs, so I'm not too far from the bus line, either, esp on a Saturday.

I'll set an arbitrary start time of 10 AM, but if people get here earlier, or the night before or whatever, no big deal. I have taken the Friday before and the Monday after off work so if someone does need a ride or anything, just post and we'll work it out. As we get closer I'll PM address details and phone number where I can be reached in case you need to.

• 3 weeks later...

Really wanted to make it out for this but it's looking a lot less likely now, ah well. The spare funds (and time off from work) I was going to use for this will almost definitely have to go elsewhere (not the NYC meet, a completely different trip). Will try to catch you guys at ChiLiquiFi 2 instead. ;)

Really wanted to make it out for this but it's looking a lot less likely now, ah well. The spare funds (and time off from work) I was going to use for this will almost definitely have to go elsewhere (not the NYC meet, a completely different trip). Will try to catch you guys at ChiLiquiFi 2 instead. ;)

Well, I hope you find a way to get out here. It'd be great to see you. And if not we'll hold a spot open for next year.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've told my friend who is coming along with me on the 4th (Kevin) about about the wonder that is FFF. Does anyone want to meet us for an early hang out the night before the meet at the brewery in Munster?

We will be leaving Peoria around noon on Friday and should be at FFF hopefully by 3-3:30. I don't know if anyone wants to do anything else afterwards, but I'll need to sober up before we leave Munster because we're going to Chicago from there to stay at my girlfriend's.

Oh and Mike - 09 FFF DL is sexy. Can't wait to try it.

Lmk.

Sounds great, Bryan! But very unlikely for me. I'm lucky to have all Sat aft/night to do ChiLiquiFi.

Unless my wife gathers up the kids and leaves town Friday to go to her parents' place for the weeekend, which she occasionally does when I make all day/night plans on a weekend. If that is the case, I'm in for sure and I'll let you know.

I do want to get out to FFF again, and if that dopplebock is still around, I'd be very much into trying that!

Definitely coming.

Will chip in on expense of supplies, food, etc...

Bringing either iPad or PC and Pico DAC/Amp. Want to try this w/LCD-2!

No cans unless requested. HP1? I think everyone in this group has heard them. I no longer have to drool over Ryan's HP-2! :)

Bunch of booze, not sure what. Going shopping tomorrow. Open to suggestions.

John - you should drop subtle hints to the Mrs. for a visit to the grandparents. ;)

Aimeless and Mike - will be awesome to see you. Mike, I'll give you a call sometime that day before we arrive, just to give you a head's up.

Here's my confirmation as well. Kevin and Allison will be attending with me on Saturday. Bringing just the Thunderpants. Really want to do a shootout vs. LCD2. I thought about bringing booze but between Mike and Kevin, we'd have plenty already, so I'll just bring some cash to cover my share or something.

Also John - I think you ought to bring the HP1K, I'd listen to it just because I know I like it and it's been about a year since I heard one.

I'll bring the HP1.

Heh. I'll think about dropping hints for a grandparent visit ... but from direct personal experience for many years, have found that doesn't work so well in this particular relationship. She likes very much to make her own decisions ...

Would love to meet Allison! What a trooper she is! Your aim is true ... been wanting to say that. :rolleyes:

Just hope she doesn't dump you after meeting us! :P