ChiLiquiFi

Aura

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like we can do the 13th or the 20th. Both have problems. If we do the 13th, we go head to head with Beely. I don't care myself but several people have expressed an interest in going, and that's cool by me. So I don't want to cause a problem. The 20th means people who may have come to Chicago the week before will be coming here again. The 27th is the Thanksgiving weekend and most people have family obligations. So what do all of you folks think?

And Kevin, you are amazing. Like John, I will refrain from making liquor suggestions in that price range since I barely live in the world beyond Ripple and PBR...

It was more tongue in cheek as I recall thinking "crazy Scots" when I first read about it. I am clearly clueless as to how proof and %etoh relate to one another ..dB

It's actually quite simple, just multiply abv by 2 to get the proof, and vice versa. :P

So it looks like we can do the 13th or the 20th. Both have problems. If we do the 13th, we go head to head with Beely. I don't care myself but several people have expressed an interest in going, and that's cool by me. So I don't want to cause a problem. The 20th means people who may have come to Chicago the week before will be coming here again. The 27th is the Thanksgiving weekend and most people have family obligations. So what do all of you folks think?

Since I have no desire to attend Billy's meet, my vote is still for the 13th.

Either date is fine by me. I might try to make chiunifi, but I am unlikely to get spousal approval for both, in fact, it not even reasonable to expect to get both, so I just am planning to come to this and maybe chiunifi next year if it works out.

Do those who want to attend chiunifi expect to come to both? Maybe those folks can chime in as to whether it would be easier to have it on the same weekend, and find time to come to both, or have it on different dates and make two different trips. They can also PM the organizer if they prefer.

It's actually quite simple, just multiply abv by 2 to get the proof, and vice versa. :P

One thing I do tend to do is educate myself when I am intrigued,

I liked wiki's answer best - the whole concept of proof of alcohol seems to stem from rum and sailors - proof was the minimum dilution at which gunpowder would still ignite after being dowsed in said alcohol. This way the sailors knew they were getting the good stuff and it so happens to translate to a dilution of approximately 4:7 as 100 proof. This equates to about 57% as 100 proof. The rest is simple math to figure out exactly what proof or percentage your alcohol is if you know either value.

now back to the real matter on hand - what is KG to buy :)

..dB

How about Dec. 4th?

12/4 works for me.

Subject to less than 4 inches of snow on the ground.

Not going to bring any hardware.

I think that bottle of tequilla looks very interesting. But i'll have a list of 4 just in case

something isn't in stock when i get there.

I think 3 bottles total should smash everyone ???

Would not like to take half of it home like last time.

12/4 will be tricky for me, semester final exams begin the following week. Nonetheless I will try my very best to attend.

Oh, you'll be there. Or we'll talk about you the whole day. I might even break out crayons and construction paper and pass them around so everyone can draw rude pictures of you and post them in the impressions thread.

:chair: