ChiLiquiFi

Aura

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This started in the "What did you buy" thread and I thought we'd formalize it. I'd like to have some folks get together here in beautiful Monee, IL. Headphone gear will be optional. Excellent adult beverages will be mandatory. We'll fire up a grill or two.

All proceeds will go towards funding ChiLiquiFi II, Electric Boogaloo. At this years event we will choose a date for next years event. Of course we will forget it because we will all be drunk.

Seriously, let me know of any interest. I'd like to do this sometime in November. Suggested dates will be appreciated.

Chicago folks, lets get together, have some cocktails, music and conversation. Bring gear if you want. We'll provide space for it. But don't feel obligated. This is intended as a get together of friends. Traveling folks, feel free to come too. We have two loveseats, a sofa, a day bed and plenty of floor space for crashing, as well as a Holiday Inn Express and a Super 8 right next door (really, within walking or stumbling or crawling distance).

John (jvlgato), thanks for the most excellent event name.

I'm in!

If I can figure out how to use photobucket on an iPad, here's the worthwhile part of my liquor collection:

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDEtMjAxMDA5MDItMjIwNi5qcGc.jpg?t=1283484413

I can bring any or all.

Plus I expect to get that 3fer shipment from Caddell Williams this weekend.

Used to have some nice tequilas, but must have used them all up on our neighborhood block party. :-(

Thrilled you're using my ChiLiquiFi name! It came to me in the shower this AM after reading and loving the idea!

Let me know how else I can help.

Edit: Whew! Sorry for the glare! That's Remy XO in the center, Daviaud XO just to its left, and Eagle Rare single barrel Bourbon just to its right.

So... should we set a date? It can't be the last weekend since that is only two days after thanksgiving and I'm assuming everyone will be busy. Therefore, the other three weekend in November are 6th and 7th, 13th and 14th, and 20th and 21st. My #1 weekend would be 13th and 14th followed by 6th and 7th.

Mike - if you think you might have room I have a friend here at school who would be very interested in coming as well. He loves gear, and loves beer even more, so I think he'd really enjoy himself. I've told him about FFF and I think we might make a trip there that weekend as well.

Saturdays are much better for me, but I will make a Fri if I had to.

Nov 5-6-7 is out , but the others look fine.

I will very likely be getting a room at one of the hotels, so anyone is welcome to join me there to give Casa de Mike/Deb a break.

Also, would be glad to help by picking up whatever else is needed, or just donating $ for food and supplies.

I really hope you can make it. If we wrangle Kevin into coming it's a CJ 2010 reunion. Though only 5 months after the event... :-)

Consider arm broken. Still have lots of booze left... But i'm in the mood for something fancy too.

Someone go to the binny's website and find something in the $400 to $500 range that is in stock. (a single bottle of something)

Then let me know what to buy. Since all of the toys on my to buy list are still vaporware, i have to spend some money

on something.

Good show, Kevin! Nice to have you! I hope you absolutely recognize that you could just show up at that south side bar, if you so desired. And if you wanted to make an issue of it, you would win that argument.

But sometimes in life, I've found that some things are worth the argument, and some things aren't. Life, time and energy are so limited. Let's liquifi and have a great time! Look forward to seeing you again!

Lord, I know nothing about liquor in that price range, but have always been curious in general about a cognac or champagne in that range. Would be glad to chip in to whatever is chosen.

Since I won't be coming, I can only participate vicariously by suggesting "liqui". Looking at Binny's, these look interesting (note that I haven't tried any of them):

Don Julio Real tequila (in store pickup only)

Roger Groult Reserve Ancestrale Calvados looks interesting

Coeur de Lion 1963 Vintage Calvados also looks interesting at $100 less

Larressingle 1942 Vintage Armagnac

Samalens 1952 Bas Armagnac

Comte de Lauvia 1929 Vintage Armagnac $999.99 - If you really want to splurge :)

I only looked at half of the Armagnacs. You can check for more if you want but let's move on to Cognac.

Camus Pionneau 1969 Cask Strength Cognac - a little over your budget but looks interesting. In house only.

If you really want to go wild with Cognac, Hardy has 3 separate bottlings at $7K each.

Germain Robin Anno Domini Brandy - an American brandy and probably a bargain compared to Cognac

Finally, we get to Scotch. There are so many that I just included all that were in the specified budget, except for the last one.

Ardmore 30 Year Old

Brora 30 Year Old 2009 Limited Release

Bruichladdich Legacy V 33 Year Old

Bruichladdich Legacy IV 32 Year Old

Bruichladdich Legacy II 37 Year Old

Glenfiddich 1973 Vintage

Laphroaig 25 Year Old

Michel Couvreur 24 Year Old Single Malt Very Sherried

Port Ellen 29 Year Old 8th Edition

Glenrothes 1975 Vintage

Speymalt Macallan 1966 Vintage 35 Year Old

Tomintoul Reserve 31 Year Old

Gordon & Macphail Mortlach 70 Year Old - If you really, really, really want to splurge. :eek:

I will very likely be getting a room at one of the hotels, so anyone is welcome to join me there to give Casa de Mike/Deb a break.

Also, would be glad to help by picking up whatever else is needed, or just donating $ for food and supplies.

Ditto. Assuming the date works then I'll be glad to chip in and share a room.