Coffee Drinkers?

tkam

Travel packs: each 3.000 ounces (according to the Pearl 2021: yes, I chose individual beans at the end of that measurement, no I don’t think it’s 3.000 ounces. Pretty close to 3 ounces, though). I figure that is 4 cups/5 shots each bean with a bit of leeway.

I’m traveling with a fair amount of coffee gear.  The main reason (excuse) of why I have the Flair stuff and the hand grinders and why I bought my partner pour over stuff: to have coffee I’m willing to drink when I get to NC.

4615A6E8-4B57-459F-A967-355650CB4B68.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1

20 minutes ago, grawk said:

Why would you go finer, that timing sounds perfect?

That time includes a manual pre-infusion. I pull the shot once the Pyxis detects drops. So really more like 26-7 seconds (I click my watch as soon as pressure is reached: I have to surf this machine).

Edited by EdipisReks1

I would go slightly finer. The Lido OG is really more a scientific instrument than a coffee grinder: I would do a couple microns finer next time, with this anaerobic bean. I can’t reliably do finer adjustments than that (+/- 5, supposedly).

If the next version of the OG required a loupe for micro adjust I would be very happy. 

Edited by EdipisReks1