Great American Beer Fest

Sherwood

This is actually a very logical plan. We all like headphones, of course, which are very portable. We also all like large quantities of beer, which are less portable. We all drink copiously at headphone events, as well, but have to compromise our drinking on the basis that we're not at the largest collection of beers in the world.

More sensible to bring headphones to a party than to bring a party to headphones.

Had a great night last night, thanks in large part to good suggestions from you fellows. Since I had a late-ish session, a few of the big name brewers were all out of beer. Luckily, I didn't have to rely on Cigar City to get me through.

I didn't keep notes, but I did follow a route, and I'll compare some impressions with my map later today. Lots of excellent stuff there. Looking forward to having the whole crew here next year.

• 1 month later...

Well, I could use some of these festive season for myself. I wish there is more than just celebration Oktoberfest. There is no limit to tie you down when you should have beer festival and when not to. Every day is worth of having a pint of beer or two. I would love to attend any of these events and there would be no excuse not to. Beer is totally the thing we should not be missed at all.