Anyone hear enjoy a good blast in the 3 digit range now and again?

immtbiker

The bike does 220mph, un-modded, and feel strong like a shit brick house at any speed. I only let her rip when there's no other cars on the road and the road is smooth. You don't feel the speed at all.

I have the secondary flies removed and a Power Commander V (I know, I know...foreign language to you) to control the gas/air intake and it's much faster than stock. She has 205 h.p. and does 0-60 ini 2.2 seconds. The newer bikes are geared so that they do between 70 and 90 m.p.h. in first gear, so the time is obtainable by not having to shift to second when doing 0-60.

It is the biggest rush that anyone can ever possibly experience, who doesn't fly a military jet.

With a car, imagine pulling 3800 lbs. (average car weight) with 200 horsepower. A sportbike weighs only about 450 lbs (mine is 485 lbs) because it is a 1400 CC bike and has a motor that is rated at 205 hp pulling a mere 485 lbs. Besides other really important reasons, that's what makes it so damn fast. The front wheel will lift effortlessly in the first 4 gears, so you have to learn throttle control, especially when the woman that you love is on the back, and you plan on keeping her or him, for a while.

One day, if you let me, I'll take you for a spin (I know the first words out of your mouth will be "no thanks", but you have to try almost everything at least once).

Just ask guzziguy. His bike is all about handling, but it does pretty well in the quarter mile, too. Wayne can do that on both 2 and 4 wheels. That's what makes Wayne, Wayne.

Pretty bike, Aaron. Who was in the 2nd seat @ 168?

Telica.

Funny story. The ex-wife used to tap my leg to slow down whenever I went over 70, Telica taps my leg to go faster.

Which woman do I want to spend the rest of my life with? ;)

Disclaimer - Most motorcycle's speedometers are off by +/_ 10%. The only real way to know your top speed on any given ride, is to bring along a GPS, and let it use 4 of the 12 satellites tell you what your top speed really was. Usually, the speedometers are off on the lower side or the 10%. You can purchase a "Speedo Healer" that will take the GPS mph and let it take over for the stock speedometer, and give you an accurate reading. Mounting a GPS, along with an EZ-Pass and all of the other accessories is no easy task.

I find it hard to believe that in a lot of states (CT, NH, and I think FL) don't have a helmet law. I don't care if I'm only going to be doing 10 mph, I wear a Snell approved helmet, and full leathers...top and bottom, with crash pads in all the right places (shoulders, knees, elbows, upper back, etc.)

German cars overreport more and more the faster you go, as it is illegal for speedometers to underreport and the extra margin of overreportage keeps it from happening.

Heh it was a Koenigsegg that was way under reporting past 200 mph on one show. A regular speedo is going off tire rotations so they can't be expected to be accurate at really high speed.

I think the regular speedos are usually quite off in cars as well at really high speeds.

The no helmet law in NH is utterly mental. Same with the seatbelts aren't required over 18.

Interesting that you said that.

About 18 years ago, I was taking ride with my "now ex-wife" and in Rhode Island, I saw that a good amount of driver were riding w/o helmets. We were on a local road on our way to Newport, so I figured I'd give it a try (it's amazing how many sounds your bike makes when your not wearing a helmet (this is b4 sport pipes became standard fare). So my wife and I took off our helmets and we completely emptied out our tear ducts :o . Most riders had googles that had neoprene gaskets so that the wind didn't attack the eyes....we only had our Oakleys.

When we got to the Newport Bridge, the toll collector (knowing I was from NY), informed us that the passenger must wear a helmet, not the driver. When I asked why, she said, "hey, if the driver wants to take their like into their own hands, but a passenger has no handlebars to protect themselves".

Made sense. That was the last time I ever rode w/o a helmet.

Heh I have a friend that won't wear a helmet any time. His reasoning- "I'd rather be dead than be a paraplegic if I'm in an accident" [sic]. I'm pretty sure he doesn't wear a helmet so he can be cool, I rarely see the Harley crowd wearing them here. More sport bike users have them on.

He's a redneck :)

Also... don't mean to burst your bubble but NO un-modified motorcycle will do an actual 220 mph. To hit 220 it takes either many thousands in mods (big Bore kit High compresion pistons, fancy rods and such, or a turbo)

If anyone can burst my bubble, it would be a guy who blocks my sunshine even when it's raining.

The big 4 Japanese sportsbike manufacturers in agreement with US policy, all have their bikes limited at 189 mph. But, for less than $300 you can install a simple TRE that will eliminate the retard and allow a bike to do what it was built to do. Kawasaki claims that it's stock motor will do 220 mph. Do I believe every manufacturer claim? Hell no, but there have been many reports, dyno backing amongst other means, that the ZX-14 engine will do close to that speed without any significant mods. How close to that, I don't know, but I can dream, can't I, bubble burster :cool:?

I do want to take "the beast" down to the Texas mile one day, but that will stay on my bucket list along with many other mid-life crisis wishes.

Ethan, where were you when you did your GPS posted speed and where were you on the weight roller coaster?

My 168mph was done 2-up with the secondary flies removed and a PC V installed. It is incredible how fast these mothers can go and how quickly they can get there. What was once dreamed of for use on the track is now obtainable, just by walking(or riding) out of the showroom door. Also, with the invention of the dual or triple compound tires, what was available for the GP circuit has now trickled down to the common rider. Better than velcro and polypropylene.

I have taken 2 track days at the California Super Bike school when they come to NJ Motorsports track near Vineland NJ, and I've learned more about turns and throttle control in 2 sessions, than my lifelong experience could ever teach me.

Keith Code runs the school (he was a championship rider in the '70's) and he travel from track to track from March to November. I strongly advise it to anyone who desires a no holds barred 12 hour day, where there's no cops, no gravel/leaves and most importantly, no cars.

The NJ track has 11 turns (including a hairpin) and a 1/2 mile straightaway. The most amazing thing to me, is that Keith Code teaches every class himself. He could just sit back and let the peons do it, but he is truly vested in everybody's learning experience. All for $300. You attend 5 45 minute classroom sessions each followed by a 45 minute track session with on-track coaches.

This year, after 16 years of loyalty to the Kawasaki ZX-6, which is like a Vespa for me, at 5'11", he changed his whole fleet over to BMW S1000RR's which is a machine that Zeus himself would crap in his pants to ride. The entire bike is computer controlled and can compensate for almost every condition.

That alone, is worth the price of admission.

I attended the Keith Code California Super Bike school at the Road America racetrack in Elkhart Lake, WI in the early 80's. I had a Suzuki GXR-750 at the time. Back then you could use your own bike as long as you had it safety wired. Best motorcycle instruction I ever received. I was clocked at 138 on the long uphill straightway which I thought was pretty fast.

Now I ride this:

post-1275-1295115847233_thumb.jpg