DC for a day - Which museum?

Yikes

My Sister who lives in Arlington (a few bolcks from Metro) called me today asking for help moving tomorrow, so I'm heading down to help (basically watching the movers). I'm going to stay at least through Saturday morning, so that gives me all day Friday to sight see. My last time in DC was in the early to mid 90's (visited the Holocaust Museum shortly after it opened), and I haven't been to the Smithsonian since the 80's.

Where should I go? there was a burger place back in the 70's (Bon Appetite - President Ford use to send Secret Service agents there to get take out. When I was younger it was the air & space that drew me, now perhaps the National Gallery suits me better. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ethan

Are you posting from the future?

the key to the future lies in the past

"He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past."

If I personally, were in DC for a day. I'd try to see the White Mansion, Lincoln Shrine, Washington Monolith and any time left in the Museums, waiting for Ben Stiller to bring everything to life.

There's still a burger place. It's called "good stuff", and it is truly that. The toasted marshmallow milkshake makes me salivate as I write this.

When I was last in DC (earlier this year) I preferred the Hirshhorn modern art moseum and the holocaust museum. Since you're going tomorrow you'll never get tickets for the holocaust museum in time, so if it were me (an avowed fan of modern art museums) I'd do the Hirshhorn, and grab some burgers at good stuff.

I've had Ray's Hellburger, and it's definitely in my top 10, but you have to realize, my favorite is Fuddrucker's, so take that into consideration when dismissing considering my opinion.

I do like In-n-Out and Five Guys, too, but...they're still fast-food to me, these ^^ are restaurant burgers, and I sort of use different scales for them, I don't know why (I mean, they're still burgers, right?).