slower forum

Knuckledragger

http://www.paloaltoo...ry.php?id=25902

Woman hit with milkshake loses $2,000

Purse flies into vehicle after altercation in downtown Palo Alto

by Sue Dremann

Palo Alto Weekly Staff

A woman who was struck with a milkshake and angrily threw her purse at a vehicle full of teenagers lost $2,000 after the handbag flew into the open vehicle window, Palo Alto police said Monday.

The incident started Sunday, June 24, just before midnight, Sgt. Brian Philip said. The woman was walking east on University Avenue near Rudy's Pub when a white Range Rover full of male teenagers driving recklessly southbound on High Street approached.

One of the occupants allegedly threw a vanilla milkshake and struck the woman as she approached the corner, Philip said.

Police believe the woman retaliated by throwing her alligator-skin purse at the vehicle. The purse sailed through the open window and ended up inside the vehicle, and the teens drove off, he said. The woman denied throwing her purse at the car, but Philip said there is no indication it was snatched from the victim.

The woman lost $2,000 and the alligator purse, plus personal items, he said. Police are looking for the teens but have no descriptions. If found, they could face charges including battery for striking the woman with the milkshake, or possession of stolen property or misappropriation of property, Philip said.

That is a thing of beauty. I love Burial; I usually hate dubstep, but that was quite tolerable due to the omission of the one cliche' of dubstep that I hate (you know what it is -- "that sound"); I love watching dancers that know how to move; I love slow motion abuse; I love math.

Wayne's post reminded of this:

QGvjP.jpg

This photo gets posted quite a lot. It has become quite popular to juxtapose it next images of more recent protests, like ones about gay marriage.

iCwI4.jpg

Same day, different angle. These shots were taken in Little Rock, AK in 1959.

Being a photographer, and a nerd about old photos a couple things struck me about the above pictures. Look how neat and tidy the protest signs are. Look how SKINNY everyone is. When was the last time you saw a group of Americans who looked like that? I say this as someone who is at least 30 lbs overweight myself. facepalm.png

DhKVP.gif

QrQMk.jpg

0bf4o.jpg

Where are the hoverboards?

[snipitty]

img160.jpg

ARBJEKSHUN!

The date shown here is from the first movie- the future time where Doc wanted to go. Hoverboards appeared in the second movie where the year was 2015. We still have some time.

exophrineforallyourtechgeekandsecurityneedsfebruary2012_4f6ee161eacc6.png