Duke Nukem Forever Gets Release Date

Salt Peanuts

I think any game sets itself up for failure these days if they don't implement the rechargeable shields. The kiddies just don't know how to manage a health bar anymore. For a totally over the top action game can't say I mind it. Been playing a bit of Vanquish lately and that game would blow without rechargeable health.

IMO the trailer looked terrible. Doom 3 era graphics, the driving looking like something out of a Nintendo 64 game, and lame shock value gimmicks. I'm sure it will be fun, but it looked far from a big budget developer's title from that trailer.

That is from the unpolished playable game they had back in October I believe. The final version should have the graphics updated. Duke was always about the shock value gimmicks. That seems to do well these days.

Edited by manaox2

That is from the unpolished playable game they had back in October I believe. The final version should have the graphics updated. Duke was always about the shock value gimmicks. That seems to do well these days.

Oh I've played all the Duke games including the side scroller :)

It just seemed like this trailer put too much emphasis on it.

• 3 weeks later...