trick or drink

grawk

A friend of mine in denver was telling me about his neighborhood tradition, and I thought it was a good one. Candy for the kids, shots for the parents. Just have a few shot glasses and a bottle of your favorite libation available for the parents who are walking around in the cold. It'll make their night!

Your neighbors tradition sounds great. Well, as long as no one is attempting full shots each stop as they make their way around the entire block.

The popular tradition around here seems to be called "trunk or treat". It seems to be adults in disguises giving out candy to children from the back of vans in the field next to the woods. It is designed as a church sponsored alternative for a safer less frightening Halloween. I can't really make this shit up.

The popular tradition around here seems to be called "trunk or treat". It seems to be adults in disguises giving out candy to children from the back of vans in the field next to the woods. It is designed as a church sponsored alternative for a safer less frightening Halloween. I can't really make this shit up.

lol. That sounds absolutely terrifying.

Your neighbors tradition sounds great. Well, as long as no one is attempting full shots each stop as they make their way around the entire block.

Remind me to never move to the Carolinas :)

lol. That sounds absolutely terrifying.

This!

We get a lot of people driving into our neighborhood as well. I don't really mind. A lot of these people live in apartments and you can't really go trick or treating in apartment complexes. The kids seem to appreciate the candy.

I like the really little kids the best. They are cute.

I used to trick or treat in apartment complexes. Was way easier, more people for the distance walked. The opposite extreme was trick or treating in fairbanks. Load the kids up on a sled, and put their costumes over the snow suits. Pull them door to door, about 5 houses in 2 hrs.

We got around 35 kids, mostly under 10, but a few teenagers. Way more than what I expected, almost run out of candy. Just as well, don't need extra candy laying around.

My 2.5 year old first, Halloween for her. She had a blast. She started handing out candy at the end. At some point this cute little girl shows up, Soph gives her some candy, she stays there, Soph gives here a few more pieces, the girl still stays waiting for more. Then Soph gives her one more piece of candy and says: "Here, one more packet, and that is it" Hilarious!

Perfect weather temp wise.

No creepy kids though, luckily.

Six jumbo bags and we were cleaned out before dark. So we put up the 'out of candy' sign, turned off the lights and went into the basement to eat dinner before the scary teens came. I guess the neighborhood teens are ok, but it seems like most of the after dark teens around here are creeping in from the inner city. It's never anyone I recognize.

IMAG0722.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

Edited by jvlgato