Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today

  2. Those silly 18th century Koreans ruminating on what they feared most could come across as repetitive in 2026. I think these fine K-pop folks are just keeping to the grossly outdated lyrical tradition of pansori and trying to make it fresh with modern K-pop grooves. The good news is, I think they've succeeded. This song was played every time the South Koreans scored a goal in the world cup, and the original video has over 20 million views. I love learning about other cultures through music but didn't expect it to come from K-pop. Claude says: In 18th century Korea, tigers were a real and common danger, not just folklore. Korea back then had a notably dense tiger population, enough that the Joseon government kept dedicated tiger-hunter units, called chakhogapsa or similar, specifically to deal with maulings and livestock attacks in rural areas. Tiger attacks on people and livestock were frequent enough that they shaped a lot of Korean culture and superstition from that era, which is actually where that Leenalchi song "Tiger Is Coming" draws from, it's adapting a traditional pansori story rooted in that same fear and reverence.
  3. Palo Alto got a Hauser & Wirth and it opened today with its inaugural exhibition, ‘Calder | O’Keeffe.’ So long lines, sun, mobiles, “flowers” and wine.
  4. ^ Thanks, will give the rest a listen! I’m not 100% sure, but I think the tiger is coming down. The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down A mighty beast descends from the deep, wooded valley With a mottled coat and a massive tail Over a bal (six feet) in length, swaying its silkworm-like head Forelegs thick as quivers, hind legs stout as winter melons With ears split wide and claws sharp as iron sickles Scattering turf roots and coarse sand in a rushing spray It opens wide its scarlet maw And lets out a roar—"Wuh-ri-rung"—as if the heavens were collapsing And the earth suddenly caving in; the soft-shelled turtle, in a panic, Shrinks its neck and lies flat and still The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down A beast descends from the deep pine valley Swaying its silkworm-like head, ears split wide With a mottled coat and a massive tail Over a bal in length, forelegs thick as quivers Hind legs stout as quivers, claws sharp as new sickles Scattering turf roots and coarse sand like snow in the dead of winter Opening wide its scarlet maw It stands tall before the turtle, letting out a booming roar That engulfs the mountains and streams, as if the earth were caving in Startled, the turtle shrinks its neck and lies flat and still The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down A beast descends from the deep pine valley Swaying its silkworm-like head, ears split wide With a mottled coat and a massive tail The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down The tiger is coming down, the tiger is coming down A beast descends from the deep pine valley It comes down Shaking its silkworm-like head, ears split wide, Body mottled and striped, tail held high, Over a bal in length; forelegs like arrow-quivers, Hind legs like quivers too, claws sharp as sickles; Scattering turf roots and coarse sand like white snow in midwinter, Flinging them wide with a rattle, gaping its scarlet maw, Standing tall before the turtle, letting out a thunderous roar— A sound that engulfs the mountains and streams, as if the earth itself might cave in. The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, A beast descends through the deep pine valley; Shaking its silkworm-like head, ears split wide, Body mottled and striped, tail held high, Over a bal in length; forelegs like arrow-quivers, Hind legs like quivers too, claws sharp as sickles; Scattering turf roots and coarse sand like white snow in midwinter, Flinging them wide with a rattle, gaping its scarlet maw, Standing tall before the turtle, letting out a thunderous roar— A sound that engulfs the mountains and streams, as if the earth itself might cave in; The turtle, startled, shrinks back its neck and lies flat and still. The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, A beast descends through the deep pine valley; Shaking its silkworm-like head, ears split wide, Body mottled and striped, tail held high. The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down. The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, The tiger comes down, the tiger comes down, The tiger comes down, the tiger... Coming down A tiger is coming down, a tiger is coming down A tiger is coming down, a tiger is coming down A tiger is coming down, a tiger is coming down A tiger is coming down, a tiger is coming down
  5. Yesterday

  6. Improvised focaccia. I started a dough for making pizza but forgot I didn't have cheese. So I let it rise longer than normal and hit it with olive oil and shallots and garlic, a bunch of spices and baked it on the pellet grill. maybe not as good as pizza but my gosh it is good.
  7. LEENALCHI - SUGUNGGA LEENALCHI on Qobuz https://open.qobuz.com/album/u0icfdl0p72e3 Someone always explains my thoughts better than I can. So, ill just say, I can no longer say I hate K-Pop. I like one K-pop album and it's this one. I'll let some dude at Qobuz take it from here: SUGUNGGA sounds like a genre argument settled by force. Leenalchi's four pansori vocalists--Ahn Yi Ho, Choi Su In, Park Soo Bum, and Ra Seo Jin-deliver the album's 18th century turtle-and-rabbit narrative in the tradition's characteristic guttural, almost strained vocal style, full of sudden pitch shifts and rhythmic hiccups that are clearly deliberate technique... ...Leenalchi's willingness to let centuries-old vocaltechnique carry just as much rhythmic weight as the bass and drums rather than floating decoratively above them is an approach that could easily flatten into a gimmick over a full album, but SUGUNGGA keeps the groove genuinely propulsive rather than merely novel, letting the tradition and the funk each pull their own weight. Ex.
  8. I have concluded it's not just a me thing and they actually kick ass. Do with this what you will.
  9. If you typed "design a band to make Stretch squee" into Claude, this would probably come out. 🫠
  10. binuza joined the community
  11. arora joined the community
  12. After Mikey’s post listening again - Swift’s folklore
  13. Great, just what we need....TWO fucked up and degenerative old men running these countries!
  14. Putin, 73, Gets Confused in Stuttering Speech to Reporters. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
  15. Last week

  16. The pain of living on MV. Four different "updates" on the delivery of my new camera. Two trips to the post office. No fuckin' camera. The clerk's advice was to try back tomorrow.
  17. mikeymad replied to blessingx's topic in Music
    So this happened to me... I seem to be late to the game. Great to see/hear Serj anytime. So I had to figure some things out. and There are more - but they are more reactions not analysis. Video pulls a lot from Matrix (and many others)
  18. Joe Pass' Songs for Ellen Ex.
  19. A genius of love having soup. Not really why this photo appeared in my world but I love it for some reason.
  20. Electric Warrior by T. Rex (1971) https://open.qobuz.com/album/0603497926008 Example (The easy one to pick) I had not realized until recently how big T.Rex was at the time. So I put this one on, yup, very good. Really a vehicle for Marc Bolan, and I am okay with that.
  21. Dorthy Ashby's Afro-Harping and The Rubáiyát Of Dorothy Ashby Full also full
  22. RIP Conrad "Chronos" Lant, frontman of legendary metal band Venom. I was never really into Venom, but their influence on bands and entire genres that followed is undeniable.
  23. Apple is discontinuing support for Intel based applications sooner rather than later. This is bad as I have a shit-ton of old photo editing apps I use with varying degrees of regularity. The current market for used 2018 Intel based Macs (the last year for them) is exploding. i7 models with decent RAM are particularly expensive. I saw a 64GB model go for $500 on eBay and a 32GB model hit just below $400. 2018s do have replaceable RAM, but good luck finding the right SODIMMS at a non-insane price. Thanks, AI! I'm going to purchase a clean 2018 Mini in the next week or so. Also, I explained ^ to a friend of mine and referenced the neuron activation meme. He sent me this: So I guess I'm part of the problem.
  24. Ha ha look at these crappy old wooden boxes. Who'd ever want them? They don't even have a finish.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.