Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nikongod

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nikongod

  1. nikongod replied to swt61's topic in Off Topic
    Happy Birthday Justin!
  2. Take your pick of vintage Japanese ~40wpc class-AB power amps. If you are feeling adventurous, look into a gainclone with some of the lower power (10-20w) chips.
  3. I replaced a bunch of worn out parts on My Brompton. Chain Both rear sprockets Derailer pulleys. I replaced the brake pads a couple weeks ago. I also got the funny front-mounted rack. I think I'm going to try some light unsupported touring.
  4. Happy Birthday Matt!
  5. Why is it funnay? or intresting? or can has ne value at all beond boobies in general?
  6. Happy Birthday Shelly!
  7. It doesn't look like it has the 5.3Kohm output resistors. I bet it sounds like every other KGSS.
  8. Happy Birthday Purk!
  9. I think the best way to convince him would be to bring him there. Just saying.
  10. Does the Canon 50F1.4 focus internally? Although I dont have one (and dont really shoot 50's much) this is a VERY nice feature on the current 50F1.4g. I am curious to see the Bokeh of the Yongnuo lens. So many MFR's are so blah about Bokeh. Wow! its F0.75. Bokeh 1 step better than a Mirror lens... Thanks for less than nothing.
  11. I wonder if they would fit my Brompton
  12. Nechama at the end of the ~20mile ride to her brother's house for Passover. You cant tell from the photo, but this is after riding into a 30+MPH headwind for 4 miles, over water. It was brutal. Last year it was cold and rained the whole time. I liked it better in the rain.
  13. From a week or 2 ago, finally edited... Click for slightly larger.
  14. Happy Birthday Ryan!
  15. It may also be helpful if you refrain from dipping your headphones in your beverages. Or using them in the hot tub.
  16. I would suggest you stop treating your gear like shit. Show it some respect, and it will treat you well. 1-3 months. WTF? Seriously? The headphones that came with the original gameboy will last years with any measure of care. You know, simple stuff - dont drag them in the dirt. Try not to let them get crushed in a car/subway door. Dont roll over the cable with your chair. Play those fuckers loud enough that you will need hearing aids when your 35, they will run for years! Kids these days.
  17. HD800. Why buy headphones for $100 that will be worthless the moment you open the box when you could own the best (current production) headphones in the world for $100? Buy used HD800 for $1000. In 3-5 years sell them for $900. Maybe they cost you $150 once you figure in shipping costs.
  18. This is a great post.
  19. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter
  20. Somewhat contrived, but still fun. http://petapixel.com/2014/04/21/quick-bts-puts-iphone-5-up-against-hasselblad/
  21. Happy Birthday Jeffy!
  22. I see what you did there.
  23. Something to note - When you downsample (high sample rate) to 1644, you *must* apply a ~20Khz brickwall filter or you will get aliasing problems. Inaudible ultrasonic crap turns into even worse audible crap when you have aliasing issues. I have no idea how Foobar does this, but it may be worth looking into. You may also like the results from setting the filter a bit lower than 20Khz, if you have the option.
  24. Based on your return habits, at least 90% of the "upgrade" lenses you have bought suck too. Its a kit lens, it is what it is. It will take non-gear-centric* photos just about as well** as any other lens. They are GREAT for starting out, and offer a great feel for upgrades the user may want to make in the future. *As much as its the tool holding the tool, there are some things a tool cant do unless he has the right tools. Nobody likes to say it, but there are some photos you just cant take unless you have a *magic* lens. 95% of these photos are just not worth taking, but how would anyone know you had a Noctilux if you shot it at F2.8? I hesitate to call non-gear-centric photos average or common, because they can be insanely far from it. Indeed! When you look at the overwhelming trend towards "I shoot it at F0.95 because I bought an F0.95 lens" in photography the terms average and common take on a totally different definition. A photo with 3 or more elements working together, that is far from average, and as easy to take with something as simple as a Pinhole camera as something costing OMFGWTFBBQ(USD). I'm happy when I get 2 things to work. **Ignoring distortion, enough light to shoot at F8.
  25. Unless Sony really screwed up, the low-light performance from this camera should be amazeballs. The AF seems kind of sloooooow though I hope that is correct. The part of me that wants to take everything apart wonders if it uses the 24 or 36mp sensor? If its 36mp, I will be crazy-mega-uber-impressed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.