Everything posted by jpelg
-
Next Gen portable audio
I like my PCM-D50 for playback of .wav files (Redbook and the occasional PCM 24/96) from a sound quality standpoint. I don't mind the basic, single-level album folder style navigation. Although it's quite overkill for my use-case, which is work environment listening & never recording. Nicely built, solid piece of kit though. I also have not compared it to other recorders or hi-res audiophile DAPs. So this post is pretty much worthless to you.
- New HBO series True Detective
-
McIntosh to get into own range of headphones and amp
I think it's pretty clear that the unit shown in the pic from CES is a prototype. I'd bet that the final version won't look like that, other than the nameplate. McIntosh has historically not been a me-too company. They also are pretty adamant about in-house development & manufacture. I hope the headphones models will adhere to a similar ideal. Otherwise they will be just overpriced copies.
-
Happy Birthday, Dr. John (jvlgato)
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday FrankCooter!
Happy Birthday!
-
high quality balanced DAC (small-ish, lightweight a plus)
They seem to be selling them through their eBay store for $499 with free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HeadRoom-Ultra-Desktop-DAC-UDAC-000-001-2600-/200967771864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eca9cd6d8 As long as you don't mind the built-in USB implementation to be limited to 16/44.1 or 48kHz
- Happy Birthday Reks!
-
Deals
^This x4! I hit that hard this morning.
-
Happy Birthday Ric and Guillaume!!!
Happy Birthday to you both!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Sorry to hear Haj, but glad your daughter found fun where it was to be found anyway. I'm reminded of one Christmas when the toy my nieces & nephew played with the most was the large cardboard box leftover from the new refrigerator my brother had just purchased. That box was a fort, a spaceship, a playhouse, a school, ... the list goes on and on. They drew on it with crayons & used their imaginations for months, until it finally collapsed from one too many kids sitting on top. Long after their actual toys were all but forgotten. Lesson learned...
-
Post what you're watching
Live from Daryl's House - the "fake" Christmas show, with guest Shelby Lynne.
-
Post what you're watching
"The Returned" - on the Sundance Channel.
-
AKG K812
Needs more burn-in? *ducks head*
-
Happy Birthday Skullguise!
Belated Happy Birthday Todd.
-
Happy Birthday Bozebuttons!
Happy Birthday Tom. Scampi for everyone!
- The Schiit Audio Version Of A Leather Company
- Happy Birthday Gene!
-
NY Spring Meet April 5 2014
Oops, brain fart. yes "Doug"
-
NY Spring Meet April 5 2014
Dave - are you in CT now?
-
HE90 headband pads
Jan Meier might have an "in" on the German side. He's usually pretty responsive to emails.
-
Happy Birthday to you, jp11801!
HB Johnny!
- JH Audio stuffs
-
JH Audio stuffs
Doesn't anyone make a high-end IEM in Europe?
-
Happy Birthday to The Monkey!!
Happy Birthday Dinny!
-
Ny meet nov 9 2013
Tom popped my cherry in the back room of Grado labs in November of 2002. Good times. Wait..